Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

12 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Honestly if your heritage is northern European chances are you got some viking ancestry. Those guys were everywhere.

Vikings aren’t a people. It’s like saying you’re part blacksmith. They got all over in small numbers. Far better chance you’re descended from ghengis khan. 

Back on topic, the revenge of Harris storyline is a bit of a dud IMO. The Bombers thought it was time to move on from a highly paid, aging and injury ridden (yet still effective) running back in favour of developing the next one. They were 100% right in hindsight, regardless of what happens on Sunday.

Tough to play as some sort of redemption arc if you ask me.

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Back on topic, the revenge of Harris storyline is a bit of a dud IMO. The Bombers thought it was time to move on from a highly paid, aging and injury ridden (yet still effective) running back in favour of developing the next one. They were 100% right in hindsight, regardless of what happens on Sunday.

Absolutely, the Bombers made the correct call for this year and beyond

10 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Agreed. It would feel forced for sure.

39 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Vikings aren’t a people. It’s like saying you’re part blacksmith. They got all over in small numbers. Far better chance you’re descended from ghengis khan. 

Yeah if you're from the eastern part of the world...  like I said, northern Europe specifically. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Suitor says hold my beer.

All week it's going to dominate the media cycle, and I suspect much like BC and Rourke being the media story the Bombers will get tired of hearing about it and do what they did this past Sunday and remind people why they are 2 time defending champions and why they went 15-3 this season and why they are the best team in the league.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

It will be a story only because Harris will make it one. Bombers won’t care, nor should they. But if he is asked I am confident he will still talk about being surprised/disappointed/hurt about not being re-signed and using it as fuel to prove to the doubters/haters that he still is the guy. And the media will play it up because controversy sells copy, even manufactured controversy. 

MBT kinda scares me, both as a potential psychopath and QB. He always seems to put up big numbers and have good games against us. Richie Hall should go watch his 2 games against Calgary this year to see what they were doing. He was hot trash and didnt throw a single TD in either game against 3 INT's. Me thinks this game is going to be very close.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

MBT kinda scares me, as a potential psychopath and QB. He always seems to put up big numbers and have good games against us. Richie Hall should go watch his 2 games against Calgary this year to see what they were doing. He was hot trash and didnt throw a single TD in either game against 3 INT's. Me thinks this game is going to be very close.

Same.  Nothing scarier than a red-hot gunslinger and you never know which MBT is going to show up.  For all the crap the guy takes, he throws for yards.

I actually like that he's an oddball.  Has the personality of a 70's NHL goaltender.

Motivated Andrew Harris concerns me too, but I don't think any team can have a red hot gunslinger AND a beast-mode runningback in the same game.

The Jeffs will make it impossible for MBT to have enough time to channel his ancestors, the cold weather will effect his ability to throw, and Harris does not scare me at all. I don't care if he is motivated or not, he is not the same RB he was a couple years ago. Besides, we will have the ball on O for most of the game. Book it...this game is not going to be close at all unless ZC does not play...even then we still win imo.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

The Jeffs will make it impossible for MBT to have enough time to channel his ancestors, the cold weather will effect his ability to throw, and Harris does not scare me at all. I don't care if he is motivated or not, he is not the same RB he was a couple years ago. Besides, we will have the ball on O for most of the game. Book it...this game is not going to be close at all unless ZC does not play...even then we still win imo.

🤞