Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

44 minutes ago, Booch said:

well I can say I have been old enough to witness 5 with my own eyes now...and I want more...3 more to make up for the 3 I seen us lose

I've only seen these two, so I'm no where near satisfied yet.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

In terms of how many more I want to see... Well, it's all of them. Forever. But in realistic terms, I want to be the organization with the most GCs. I want to pass TOs bullshit number. 

My first focus is beating Edmonton's 5 in a row.

I want to be the best organization in every way.

Interesting fact I’m not sure many know. But regardless of how many more we win the Bombers will be the first and last team listed on the cup for the next 100+ years. Since we won it in 2019 we were the last name plate on the cup. In 2021 they removed the Ticats plate and replaced it with the Bombers. So until each plate is removed we will be on there at least twice until they are all replaced. This does not include the 12 original plates around the top of course as they will not be removed. 

I like the choice.....luv those whites and maybe the ghostly appearance will get MBT over excited and throw a couple our way....This guy should be wearing a tin foil hat instead of a helmet....He has expressed yearnings for an alien spacecraft to pick him up....maybe Sun....what a wing-ding

Edited by Stickem

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

In terms of how many more I want to see... Well, it's all of them. Forever. But in realistic terms, I want to be the organization with the most GCs. I want to pass TOs bullshit number. 

100% many of those old time TO grey cup wins were years they would not let western teams even participate. Further more there many additional years where the western teams played more games within a shorter period of time. Completely unbalanced and unfair.

19 minutes ago, GOLD MEMBER said:

100% many of those old time TO grey cup wins were years they would not let western teams even participate. Further more there many additional years where the western teams played more games within a shorter period of time. Completely unbalanced and unfair.

The Argos beat the Sarnia Imperials in 1933 when the ORFU could challenge for the Grey Cup. Even back then, while it was close, the ORFU  was considered an inferior league. The Argos played in the Interprovincial Rugby Football Union or Big 4 as it was also called. When the CFL was formed in 1958, the Grey Cup became the league's permanent trophy. No longer could senior men's teams in Canada challenge for it. By 1958, the ORFU had stopped challenging anyway as they were getting hammered by Western Interprovincial Football Union or IRFU teams. I think 1954 may have been the last year they challenged.

Just as a sidenote, the ORFU Imperials (named after Imperial Oil which was the main employer at their refinery in Sarnia & who sponsored the team). If you played on the team you had a permanent job so that attracted a lot of players from Canada & the US who needed work back in the Depression Years. Sarnia won two Grey Cups. In 1934 vs the Regina Roughriders & 1936 against the Ottawa Rough Riders. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Spongebob Absorbs Water GIF | Gfycat

Gotta soak this all up boys and girls! This is potentially the best run in our history and we'll probably all be dead before it happens again, if ever(dark but true)! Start soaking! I want to see more soaking!

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

His ancestors were low-lander Scots and very fond of sheep. The reason scots wore kilts was that the sound of zippers would panic whole herds of sheep.

For some reason they always wore oversized rubber boots and would herd their ship to the edge of cliffs......

5 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Spongebob Absorbs Water GIF | Gfycat

Gotta soak this all up boys and girls! This is potentially the best run in our history and we'll probably all be dead before it happens again, if ever(dark but true)! Start soaking! I want to see more soaking!

For some reason they always wore oversized rubber boots and would herd their ship to the edge of cliffs......

I plan to live until 150 which may be the next time the Riders win a Cup.