Grey Cup early chat

Nolby

15 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

As a lifelong Expo fan and my strong hate bias for any stinky Toronto team and to split hairs, Lee was and still is a good funny marches to his own drum beat weird, MBT is unsettling don’t turn your back to him weird.

Really astute comment.  The thing that makes MBT's oddness off-putting is that he seems to completely lack a sense of humour - at least in interviews.  The Bill Lee's and Bernie Parent's were different, but also crazy funny.

11 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I wish we had Mike Jones here to make Pouty B quit again 

Or Kyrie Wilson to chase him down on a crossing pattern.

8 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I love playoff Rasheed Bailey

Everyone should 

Although I love pre-season and regular season Rasheed Bailey as well…and off season 

I somehow forgot all about his amazing touchdown in the playoffs last year.  Super impressive. (2:54 in case the link didn't work properly)

Edited by Wideleft

2 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Where did you see that? Cant find anything.....

The injury was mentioned a couple days ago in the media but not confirmed.

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/cfl/toronto-argonauts/argonauts-come-up-big-when-needed-to-topple-als-and-earn-berth-in-grey-cup-game

"McManis said he felt good going into the East final and was convinced he would regain his all-star form.  But the feel-good story ended abruptly in the opening half when McManis left the game with a suspected torn bicep and is questionable for the Grey Cup game."

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Where did you see that? Cant find anything.....

From Jeff Hamilton's column"

4) It wasn’t all good news for the Argos, as it’s looking like they’ll be without all-star linebacker Wynton McManis on Sunday. McManis was sidelined after injuring himself on the first play of the second quarter and Dinwiddie said after the game that it might be a torn bicep, though he stopped short of making any definitive statements until further evaluation on McManis could be done. McManis had just returned to the lineup after being out with a knee injury suffered in Week 17.

Just now, Wideleft said:

4) It wasn’t all good news for the Argos, as it’s looking like they’ll be without all-star linebacker Wynton McManis on Sunday. McManis was sidelined after injuring himself on the first play of the second quarter and Dinwiddie said after the game that it might be a torn bicep, though he stopped short of making any definitive statements until further evaluation on McManis could be done. McManis had just returned to the lineup after being out with a knee injury suffered in Week 17.

That would be a huge break for us. McManis is a stud.

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Osh basically puts it to rest...that he will be back....not a question at all...and he likes to play out his contract and then work it out then

This never should have been a question. 

He also said he has no real connection to the Argos

Edited by Geebrr

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Pit of my stomach feeling that Zach won't play this weekend. But it is probably just gas.

No, chance he doesn't play unless his ankle is broken. Sure doesn't look broken by the way he's walking on it. 

Just now, Geebrr said:

This never should have been a question. 

He also said he has no real loyalty to the Argos

yup....He aint going anywhere....and agreed what u said....why people even questioned it is more baffling

Ona different note I like Keion Adams tweet yesterday...said along the lines "the last time I was here they handed me a garbage bag for my things and told me I would no longer have an opportunity to play here"....oh man that didnt age well..hahahaha....Him, Darby and Lawrence were the luckiest guys in the league this yr...and all 3 seem to be a great fit

Just now, JCon said:

No, chance he doesn't play unless his ankle is broken. Sure doesn't look broken by the way he's walking on it. 

yeah....no wrap or immobilization at all to be seen...if he was of grave concern wouldn't they have had someone gather his luggage and stuff off the tarmac?....Game day adrenalin...a needle here and there if needed....he gonna be out there...even a hobbling ZC is head and shoulders above most....I'm sure Buck will have something dialed up to make it work

Yup- definitely a great fit. 

All three play a lot for us 

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Pit of my stomach feeling that Zach won't play this weekend. But it is probably just gas.

Is this a defence mechanism or something?

You are stressed about something every game. 

I think I’d be unsettled if you were not worrying at this point 

39 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Torn bicep? He should go see Andrew Harris and use his “experience” to heal quickly and he can be back by Sunday!

4 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yup- definitely a great fit. 

All three play a lot for us 

Is this a defence mechanism or something?

You are stressed about something every game. 

I think I’d be unsettled if you were not worrying at this point 

200.gif

I only post it here because my wife doesn't want to hear it. :)