2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Seems weird to me Hamilton gets it in 2021, and 2023..

'21 was a pandemic Cup, where they couldn't really do a lot in terms of the parties and such. They got '23 as a thank-you and a chance for them to actually make some money. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

'21 was a pandemic Cup, where they couldn't really do a lot in terms of the parties and such. They got '23 as a thank-you and a chance for them to actually make some money. 

And (iirc) a thank you to Bob Young for helping keep the league afloat during the pandemic.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Thought I read the conservative govt was hoping for 2025 but can you do BC 2024 Wpg 2025? Probably 

Pretty sure Winnipeg was pushing for either 2024 or 2025.... 2025 gets us to year 3 of Collaros' contract, so that will be the one to break Edmonton's record of 5 in a row.

I believe that the league generally tries to alternate between East and West every year, but with the pandemic, that got all messed up too.

I feel pretty certain that the league promised Winnipeg either '24 or '25, and would not be at all shocked if that's a part of why they wanted Collaros locked in for both of those years. I have absolutely no information to back this up, but I sincerely feel like WBB FC *DESPERATELY* would love to win a GC in front of the home crowd, because it'd be the only thing they haven't done yet. I mean, there is absolutely nothing more you can do as an organization. Wade Miller could tip his cap and say good night after that one. They really REALLY want that home GC win, I think...

CFL pretty much invites teams to host the GC. Then the team goes to gov't to collect money. Horse trading. 

The only wrinkle was the Hamilton 2023 game. I believe that was supposed to go to BC. Then back to the East for '24, then to the West (Winnipeg) for '25. 

Montreal will have to wait an extra year. 

2024....2025....makes no difference as this team will retain the core that needs to be retained, augment it with new blood where needed, and is an easy draw to grab a new shiny toy in FA....not concerned at all

and we know that in yr 2023 and 2024 moves will be made with 2025 in mind for a solid core and not a huge task to load up for that home Cup win...basically the polar opposite of what Sask did the last 2 years .....fools

48 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I thought it was just kind of accepted that it was BC's turn.

Probably Montreal in '26.

Bombers lose out on hosting 2024 Grey Cup, set sights on 2025 | Winnipeg Sun

Miller said. “We had a preference. We wanted to win 2024 and we got outbid".

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

because **** BC, **** the Lions, and I'd think our team has a better shot at winning a home GC sooner rather than later..... also, **** any organization that isn't the WBBFC. 

You seem angry... 🤣

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

because **** BC, **** the Lions, and I'd think our team has a better shot at winning a home GC sooner rather than later..... also, **** any organization that isn't the WBBFC. 

Fair enough. I love dashing other teams hopes and dreams too though. That GC win against Hamilton in their own barn was fantastic. Watching Banks and Simoni walk away empty handed again while the Bombers partied in their stadium was just amazing 

Kind of shitty that the Grey Cup is being treated as incentive for potential owners and/or bailouts.

Maybe time to reward the cities more that support the league and give some incentive to others to get on board, actually market their teams.

I'd rather have a 9 year rotating schedule than the BS we have now.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

50 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Kind of shitty that the Grey Cup is being treated as incentive for potential owners and/or bailouts.

Maybe time to reward the cities more that support the league and give some incentive to others to get on board, actually market their teams.

I'd rather have a 9 year rotating schedule than the BS we have now.

However the Cups are being rewarded the game is still being rotated. Every city has hosted the game since 2013 except Montreal.

2013 Regina.         2023  Regina

2014 Vancouver   2024 Vancouver

2015 Winnipeg.     2025 Winnipeg?