2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

23 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

In Lucky's case, it's what happens when your foot gets stuck in the ground and a defender hits your leg. Coulda happened to anyone.

More so when it's not structurally healed...Lucky himself before the game said he was hesitant to play...cause felt he wasn't 100 percent..and was a meaningless game...and now...he misses playoffs...happens all the time rushing back...was reason why Neufeld was in and out of lineup so much when he first arrived here...cause he was rushed...due to lack of depth..

2 hours ago, ddanger said:

Wow a torn pectoral and he's going to play??!!  I don't think I've ever heard of one of these that wasn't a season-ender.

Perhaps he thinks it's his last hurrah?? 

He could always wear a bra for protection. Sport bra, of course.

Edited by Tracker

Say what you want about this bro country group. They've sold a **** ton of records.

Had a friend of mine who hates the CFL wanting to get tickets to the grey cup game for this.  Good exposure for the CFL. Hate to break it to you but most people don't care if it's a Canadian act, I certainly don't. 

We don't need to be so prenticious about everything being "canadian".  We don't have the big acts to get more people to tune in. Aside from Nickelback or the biebs. Rush is done without peart.

As much as I'd love to see big wreck ( Ian Thornley is a ******* wizard ) and the sheepdogs, they aren't a "win" for the league. In a league that constantly embarasses itself on a national stage, this is a win 

8 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Say what you want about this bro country group. They've sold a **** ton of records.

Had a friend of mine who hates the CFL wanting to get tickets to the grey cup game for this.  Good exposure for the CFL. Hate to break it to you but most people don't care if it's a Canadian act, I certainly don't. 

We don't need to be so prenticious about everything being "canadian".  We don't have the big acts to get more people to tune in. Aside from Nickelback or the biebs. Rush is done without peart.

As much as I'd love to see big wreck ( Ian Thornley is a ******* wizard ) and the sheepdogs, they aren't a "win" for the league. In a league that constantly embarasses itself on a national stage, this is a win 

Well a couple of them have sold records. However when in inbreeder country it only makes sense to book the inbreeding band you can find.

19 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Well a couple of them have sold records. However when in inbreeder country it only makes sense to book the inbreeding band you can find.

The headlines will read Florida Georgia line. That's the way I took it. I didn't know they had broke up. I thought it was odd they named the individually, but that was the extent of my curiosity. Lol 

2 hours ago, CodyT said:

The headlines will read Florida Georgia line. That's the way I took it. I didn't know they had broke up. I thought it was odd they named the individually, but that was the extent of my curiosity. Lol 

Josh Ross makes some sense too though because they had him on all of the early season Spotify commercials during games, so they likely expect CFL fans to recognize him from that.

7 hours ago, CodyT said:

Interesting take… this “bro-pop country” that these guys apparently play is probably my most hated genre of music… which is why I’m not surprised I’ve never heard of any of them… and even though I just read their names, if went to type them again right now I’d start with… I think one had the last name Hubbard?…. Anyways, not my cup of tea,  it if you say this is a good get for the cfl, then I’m ok with it

Jordan Davis's "Singles You Up" is a perfect example of the worst of Country music over the past decade plus.....but Buy Dirt was solid, Josh Ross's 1.5 singles to date have been solid, if unspectacular, and while FGL have released a lot of douchetastic stuff, the new Tyler H single "5-foot-9" is actually really good, IMO....

Again, this show is not for everyone, but the people who drink Twisted Tea exclusively, will go NUTS for it....

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Not a fan of the force feeding of this country style crap on a fan base...totally misses majority of market as well as new eyes...cfl ...or tsn likely needs to get their **** together 

I understand mixing it in, lots of country fans out there. But we just had Keith Urban in 2019, maybe try something else this time around?

Probably not surprising given that it's Saskatchewan though - gotta force feed us country when it's in the West,

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I understand mixing it in, lots of country fans out there. But we just had Keith Urban in 2019, maybe try something else this time around?

Probably not surprising given that it's Saskatchewan though - gotta force feed us country when it's in the West,

Specifically AB/SK, but really, this isn't as much about who's hosting. This is all the corporate partners trying to get the most eyes on the TV during the game. So Bell had a hand in this, and ESPECIALLY the folks at Twisted Tea, who are the main presenters. Between Bell and their "Pure Country" formatted stations (and i'm sure some tie-ins with various record labels) and the presenting sponsor, that's where the decisions were made...

Even on the telecasts...they need to rotate genres week to week...or even game day...different marketing and promotion to different target demographics...for 3..4..5 yrs now been pandering to the same demographic while production value and content gets worse

The CFL should be taking advantage of putting together sales presentations to other broadcasters...give TSN some competition...

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Even on the telecasts...they need to rotate genres week to week...or even game day...different marketing and promotion to different target demographics...for 3..4..5 yrs now been pandering to the same demographic while production value and content gets worse

The CFL should be taking advantage of putting together sales presentations to other broadcasters...give TSN some competition...

This year I have noticed they made a real switch to different genres of music in there pre game video packages.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

And an unsolicited piece of advice for the CFL, never ever ever allow any genre personality into the broadcast booth while the game is going on, especially the country one with Suitor. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I don't know how much competition the league can reasonably drum up. 

TSN has been a loyal partner. But there has to be some way to get them to market the league better. They have the ability to increase the league's marketability and make it more profitable for everyone.

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And an unsolicited piece of advice for the CFL, never ever ever allow any genre personality into the broadcast booth while the game is going on, especially the country one with Suitor. 

Prepare to be disappointed, here's a precursor to the dreaded interview.

The headliners were unveiled last night on CTV's etalk, and here's what the three artists think of headlining the country's largest single-day sporting event - the Grey Cup.

Jordan Davis - "It's always great to play in Canada, and I can't wait to soak in the energy and vibe of Grey Cup," said Davis. "Canadian music fans are some of the best in the world. Playing for them, especially with Tyler and Josh, will make for an incredibly special night that I'll never forget."

Tyler Hubbard - "It?s an exciting opportunity to be asked to play the halftime show for such a huge event like the Grey Cup. I love playing in Canada because the fans always bring a great energy to the shows, so performing my music for the country music fans and for the passionate football fans is going to be quite an experience! I?m really looking forward to being a part of this iconic event.?

Josh Ross - "Growing up, football was everything, and like so many young Canadians, the Grey Cup was the goal. Injuries led me on a different path, and now, music is my greatest passion and the stage is where I'm living my dreams. So to see these two paths come together, and lead to Saskatchewan - life is funny sometimes, but it's also perfect."

The 109th Grey Cup will be played in Regina at Mosaic Stadium on Sunday, November 20 with kickoff slated for 5 p.m. local/6 p.m. ET. The sold-out contest and the Twisted Tea Grey Cup Halftime Show will be broadcast live across the nation on TSN and RDS - Canada?s home of the CFL.