2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

12 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I am happy to join my fellow Bomber fans in welcoming O'Day and Dickenson back. Enjoy 5th next season.

I don't see anything about that,

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

1) Marcus Brady was a truly awful back-up QB in the CFL...... I have no idea what kind of coach he'd be.

2) Comparing Rourke and his bum foot to Streveler and his injury in 2019 is laughable. Rourke is a good QB, make no mistake, but Chris Streveler is a Manimal. He's not fully human. I personally don't believe Rourke has the internal (or external, for that matter) strength to do what Strevy did in '19. 

Playing & coaching are two diffrent things entirely. Brady might be an innovative guy suited for the CFL. 

best news ever in reards to the Riders....they gonna make Mass the fall guy...bring it the useless Lapo system, and basically misuse multiple guys, and just be the same ol middling team...probably worse as I bet a lot of the quality guys still there are gonna bolt.

And looking back to 2019...which is eons ago in sports yrs as a barometer is funny, and pointless...If anything that should be the reason to get rid of both...they took over a team on the cusp...and drove it into the toilet....didn't address the obvious issues, brought in a bunch of poor character guys to make things worse, poor drafting and free agency strategy, and then when they had this mess...let it fester, didnt nip things in the bud and allowed it to get worse a deteriorate to what it ended up as...so stay the course?..good god...I love it

If they using this yr as an excuse yr or Mulligan cause the "faj injury" all the distractions from the idiots on the team...missing Dan Clarke....then they in for a lot of struggling next yr too....

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

AX91CV8L_normal.jpg

The Roughriders have announced Offensive Coordinator Jason Maas, Offensive Line Coach Stephen Sorrells and Receivers Coach Travis Moore will not return in 2023.

and all 3 probably high fiving each other and happy as heck

31 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

AX91CV8L_normal.jpg

The Roughriders have announced Offensive Coordinator Jason Maas, Offensive Line Coach Stephen Sorrells and Receivers Coach Travis Moore will not return in 2023.

Now... if we can only get them to re-sign cofaj to a multi-year deal with huge upfront cash and a guarantee for 1/2 of the final year salary... that would be best. 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 minute ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Now... if we can only get them to re-sign cofaj. 

It sounds like that is not off the table. In fact- I bet it is the front runner of options. I’m sure LaPo loves a run first QB who can only be good on short throws. 

I don’t think BLM has any interest in going there. 

“Jeremy is a lifelong Roughrider, who cares deeply about the success of the organization and knows firsthand what success means to our fan base,” said president and CEO Craig Reynolds.”

-Nope, he started his career with Toronto. 

“He is a proven winner throughout his career, and I wholeheartedly believe he has the talent, knowledge, and vision to move forward and build a winning team in 2023.”

-Nope, he hasn’t won anything, and made the roster he inherited worse every single year he has been the guy.

Love the retaining though. Don’t get it twisted- this is purely a staff SMS thing. 

Edited by Geebrr
Retaining not signing

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

You HAVE to think that the L(k)s will be better? Could the RIders finish last in the West? 

absolutely possible. I mean, even if we believed that O'Day was going to do everything right (no precedent for that) you can't make that team serviceable in one off-season. That OL needs to be completely overhauled, they need a QB that doesn't suck (and neither Faj nor perma-buggered-shoulder BLM is the answer) and they need to dump poor-attitude garbage in favour of good people who can also play football. They're not AS far off on D, but that O.......pewwwww.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

You HAVE to think that the L(k)s will be better? Could the RIders finish last in the West? 

Lots can happen in the offseason but I don't see the Bombers dropping off that far. Not with what we have. 

Calgary? They're too good at staying "good enough". So, I don't see that. 

BC? Yeah, maybe. Lose some pieces and could drop. But, to the bottom? That would be a hard fall. 

L(k)s? Anyone's guess, really. I bet they fight it out for 4th/5th in the West with the Riders. 

We'll see.