2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

27 minutes ago, Goalie said:

How does the guywho put the teams oline together and signed Duke Williams to 275k stick around? How does the guy who lost control of the team keep his job also. 

Amazing

Now they can hire lapo tho as oc.. replace dickie 3 games in next year and name lapo coach and go 2 and 16 

dont tease lol

25 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I think sask has only a few options. When you are a **** storm and everyone knows it... it ain't easy bringing in players and coaches... don't believe me? Ask Joe Mack. 

i see more of "settling" as opposed to getting who/what you want/need....and I am cool with that!!

Over at Riderfans, there is a lynch mob forming. Several there who describe themselves as decades-long season ticket holders are preferring to pay a cancellation fee rather than renew.  Very few are even moderately OK with Dickenson and O'Day retaining their jobs. This is ugly already and gonna get uglier.

Edited by Tracker

2 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

To play devils advocate. In the coaches cap situation they are in. I can see how it's the correct choice. Give Dicky boy 1 more shot and if nothing improves I can see him and Oday gone after labour day.

Maybe...but if that's the mindset why wait and flush another season down the toilet, Take your football ops lumps for the season but get the ball rolling with the next guys. I guess it depends how much they are paying O'Daisy and Dickie though....knowing the RIders their salaries might be out of whack thus further handcuffing them.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Migs for OC on minimum wage !

He did start a thread saying the fans were not doing their part. I’m sure that would go over well in the media. 

29 minutes ago, JCon said:

I have less problems with CD losing that room and keeping his job than O'Day, who delivered the trash and did nothing to help out the coach, keeping his job. 

But, I fully support their decision making. 

giphy.gif

Paul Maurice had playoff level talent but clearly lost the room, so I’m not sure. 

Coaching was as big a reason as to why they didn’t make the playoffs as overrated talent. Get some accountability on that team and they were probably good enough to lose in the crossover. 

Any idea what the fine/punishment is for going over the football ops spending limit? If it's less than 1/2 Million and a 1st round pick the BOG should go for it. The damage to trying to save that $$ will cost so much more from a lost revenue standpoint in the future. This is after all a business and success is measured two ways, Wins and Bottom Line. You can't maintain a positive bottom line with another season like they had. Saving a dime to lose dollars.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Over at Riderfans, there is a lynch mob forming. Several there who describe themselves as decades-long season ticket holders are preferring to pay a cancellation fee rather than renew.  Very few are even moderately OK with Dickenson and O'Day retaining their jobs. This is ugly already and gonna get uglier.

That can't be right. I was told over there that they are the most loyal, educated, and diehard fan base in the league that every other CFL franchise envies because no matter what they sell out every game. That is what makes them Canada's flagship sports team apparently. Wow....I am shocked by this. lmao

31 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

You should start every game down 14 points. 

So no punishment at all then? They do that anyway just takes till mid 1st Q.

Lame, because **** BC so very very much......but also this pushes Winnipeg back to (likely) '25, which means we need to try and maintain this quality play one extra year. Basically it means we need Collaros to maintain his level of play for an extra year....

Edited by Noeller