2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

16 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

LOL @ Michael Ball’s  “big shake-up” that amounts to the bare minimum 

It's 100% just to make it seem like the club was actually doing something.  This was the nearly the best outcome possible though (imo) & I love the fact that they are being hooped by the coaches cap when they (and Chris Jones) are the reason it exists in the first place.  

52 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Maybe- but given LaPo caping for CD and JO this past weekend I think he is more likely. 

He has already coached there. 

thats probably why he made that almost sad plea on air...they prob already contacted him and said if they back...he's their guy

48 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

It sounds like that is not off the table. In fact- I bet it is the front runner of options. I’m sure LaPo loves a run first QB who can only be good on short throws. 

I don’t think BLM has any interest in going there. 

The Faj Is a Lapo wet dream...a QB he can run into all sorts of punishment, and can't throw a deep ball

42 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

“Craig is an excellent coach, a strong leader and truly represents the values of the Saskatchewan Roughriders,” said general manager and vice-president of football operations Jeremy O’Day in a statement.“

One of these statements is accurate - and it isn’t the first two. 

was that a joke?>?!?? hahaha

37 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

“Jeremy is a lifelong Roughrider, who cares deeply about the success of the organization and knows firsthand what success means to our fan base,” said president and CEO Craig Reynolds.”

-Nope, he started his career with Toronto. 

“He is a proven winner throughout his career, and I wholeheartedly believe he has the talent, knowledge, and vision to move forward and build a winning team in 2023.”

-Nope, he hasn’t won anything, and made the roster he inherited worse every single year he has been the guy.

Love the retaining though. Don’t get it twisted- this is purely a staff SMS thing. 

yup...new dress on same ugle pig....and not gonna be successful

Honestly, shocking. The record is one thing, and I can buy the notion that a good coach is allowed an off year, but this year was an absolute **** show for them. The amount of off field nonsense, coaching mistakes, lack of accountability...it was clear he lost the respect and the ear of the room. That isn't easy to get back. This is an enormous gamble for them.

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

It's 100% just to make it seem like the club was actually doing something.  This was the nearly the best outcome possible though (imo) & I love the fact that they are being hooped by the coaches cap when they (and Chris Jones) are the reason it exists in the first place.  

yup...smoke and mirrors much like any success they have had...They didn't address any of the issues...U rudderless culture, re-inforced by a weakarsed HC....CHECK.....A GM with out a clue of the actual issues at hand, and poor drafting and recruiting...CHECK....more of the same...with most likely more of the same characters...CHECK.....how are they going to be markedly improved....no free-agent will wanna go there unless they offer huge money

The issues werent with MASS, Moore and Sorrels...what were they to do with that garbage?...If I was a fan there...I woulnt be rushing to support that, and If i was a player entering free agency there...wouldn't even listen to an offer to stay

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Honestly, shocking. The record is one thing, and I can buy the notion that a good coach is allowed an off year, but this year was an absolute **** show for them. The amount of off field nonsense, coaching mistakes, lack of accountability...it was clear he lost the respect and the ear of the room. That isn't easy to get back. This is an enormous gamble for them.

The team was a disaster in every way possible and the team flat out quit on the season. 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

They gave up 500 + yards rushing in the last two games to a team playing for nothing (including a 245 lb 3rd string plug QB running for 150 yards in one game on like 4 carries) - with one of the games carrying their season on the line. 

man that just looks so good on them.... the Riders imploding as an organization is second only to the Bombers being the league's model franchise....

I cannot believe the moves made today by the Riders, and I am sure that the Rider fans are flabbergasted. As has been posted, NONE of the glaring deficiencies have been addressed, and I bet their record in 2023 will be even worse. Only ego-driven and/or brain-damaged potential coaches will want into that mess.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

I know you all can’t get enough of Nathan Rouke so I hope you all tune into TSN 1 tonight at 6:30 to watch his little brother Kurtis and his Ohio Bobcats take on the university of Buffalo. Future CFL 1st overall pick.

Next week:  CFL presents a new feature............. Travels with Rourke's Foot

I think the moves are fair quite honestly. You have a shitty o line. You fire the guys that are supposed to be coaching them, you bring back your best one or two guys, and then you try your hardest to persuade some top olinemen on other teams to go over ($). 

The one guy that is getting out of this scott free is O'Day as he has been in charge in all this time their o-line has gotten worse

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

I think the moves are fair quite honestly. You have a shitty o line. You fire the guys that are supposed to be coaching them,

nah man...it's not coaching that made that OL bad. It's the talent, or lack thereof. O'Day built an AWFUL team and Dickie completely lost control of the room. They're the ones who need to go, and maybe even the President for putting JOD in charge....

2 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I think the moves are fair quite honestly. You have a shitty o line. You fire the guys that are supposed to be coaching them, you bring back your best one or two guys, and then you try your hardest to persuade some top olinemen on other teams to go over ($). 

The one guy that is getting out of this scott free is O'Day as he has been in charge in all this time their o-line has gotten worse

Yup, I think they will be better next year if they hire a SOLID O-line coach, grab a guy or two in FA. COuple that with better playcalling and a solid run game- they could be vying for 4th or 3rd in the west next year. 

If they draft better and prioritize O-linemen and keep a good o-line coach, unshackle themselves from JO and CD penalty free and hire a good HC and GM, I can see them as a +0.500 team in year 2