2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

1 hour ago, JCon said:

And, 3Down doesn't even warrant a mention under "media". 

I can't remember if I've ever posted about this, so forgive me if I have, but one of my all time favourite movie moments is in the first Tom Holland Spiderman, when Tony Stark is going to have a press conference and announce him as the newest Avenger, and he says something along the lines of "behind that door is 100 media members......real ones, not bloggers....." and it makes me laugh and slow clap every single time I see it. 

Just now, greenrider55 said:

Tbf I don’t think any Rider fans are taking Sankey to win the award. He’s well liked, good leader, good in the community, but obviously not DPOY.

I actually don't have any issue with Sankey... I think he's a good player... I just don't like missing opportunities for a good joke

22 hours ago, JCon said:

I think that's all of TSN. Maybe some of the local reporters aren't tools but the national ones certainly are. 

And, 3Down doesn't even warrant a mention under "media". 

3DN when it first started was really good. Dunk is one of the best CFL media guys out there. However, his participation in the venture has noticebly dropped and instead of good CFL insiders they started with they now devote waaaaay too much space to hacks and fanboys like Hodge and Ballantyne. I'm waiting for Stronson and his swelled head to pick up the mantle for the Riders and then the trifecta of worst homers in the CFL will be complete and I will tune right out of 3DN.

Edited by GCn20

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

3DN when it first started was really good. Dunk is one of the best CFL media guys out there. However, his participation in the venture has noticebly dropped and instead of good CFL insiders they started with they now devote waaaaay too much space to hacks and fanboys like Hodge and Ballantyne. I'm waiting for Stronson and his swelled head to pick up the mantle for the Riders and then the trifecta of worst homers in the CFL will be complete and I will tune right out of 3DN.

Just out of curiously what’s the issue with Hodge?

17 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

hodge is not too bad....not like some of the others...but was basically just a fan....who really had no inside knowledge...or insider connections when he started...he has got better, and is not overly biased

22 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

My issue with Hodge is the same as my issue with Ballantyne. They are fans first and foremost, so you got to take most of what they write about and remove the bias yourself and to me that is not journalism. They are both excellent communicators and write well, just hard to describe them as media sources because some of what they say is pure homer-ism. Hodge has had the benefit of a Bomber juggernaut the past few years so he hasn't really had to be outlandish with his praise of our team, but before that there were some pretty big leaps of logic with his opinions. Ballantyne is just a joke...way worse than Hodge. 

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

hodge is not too bad....not like some of the others...but was basically just a fan....who really had no inside knowledge...or insider connections when he started...he has got better, and is not overly biased

It's easy to not appear biased now because he can say pretty much anything ultra-positive he wants and he would be correct. His stuff in the early days of 3DN when the Bombers were good but not great was pretty biased. When he first started he circulated some pretty unfounded rumors and tried passing them off as insider stuff.  I think Dunk got on him for that, but helped set him up with some actual reliable sources.

Edited by GCn20

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

Drew Edwards, who started it, was good. Totally Ticat centrist but a quality reporter. And, he could edit.  He took Dunk under his wing, who couldn't write but could get scoops. 

Now, it's just a fanzine, without an editor. 

Couldn't remember his name but Edwards was a legit reporter who gave that place credibility.  Now it's just fanboi bloggers playing at being reporters