2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

25 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

250k says Sorry, pretty loudly though. I bet the gm etc have talked about a change of culture as well.

Oh im sure they have. Itll be a tough decision for Lawler in sure. I mean BC went 5-9 last season with a former Grey Cup/MVP winning QB that was running for his life behind a putrid offensive line and a defense that gave up the 3rd most points. Theyve done absolutely nothing so far to address those two problem areas. I guess if Kenny figures himself+an unproven rookie QB can turn that team around than all the power to him. $250K X 2 is a lot to pass up, but i think if the Bombers can offer somewhere in the $180K range it might be enough to keep him. Playoff money and another possible Grey Cup should also come into play.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

If I'm Lawler im not too sure it's a great business decision to move to bc. Hes going to share the ball a lot. With a qb who may or may not cut the mustard. Behind a below average o line. Making the extra 50 k now may end up costing you hundreds down the line 

10 minutes ago, CodyT said:

If I'm Lawler im not too sure it's a great business decision to move to bc. Hes going to share the ball a lot. With a qb who may or may not cut the mustard. Behind a below average o line. Making the extra 50 k now may end up costing you hundreds down the line 

I said it a little earlier,  but you are potentially/probably looking at a one year deal and a giant pay cut if your QB doesn't get you the ball. 

Chemistry is not a given, fit on a team is not a given.

Can't blame him at all for getting paid but there is definitely risk here. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

gotta love Woli....and I am sure the sentiment is the same with a lot of the guys...I didnt realize Couture been here 6 yrs now either...damn time flies, so his re-up increase wasnt that drastic...which helps

No doubt.

I don't think I have heard many mid-20 year old receivers say it is one place or retire.

Love that guy.

19 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Understandable that a guy wants the highest amount he can get. Lots of reason not to go for most, but man, money talks. 

Putting aside the $, the 2 yr offer could work against BC, because that would lock him in and not allow him another shot at the NFL next season. 
I can totally see us as players for his services if Walters includes a Kongbo clause. 

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

37 minutes ago, CodyT said:

Yes, money talks but if Lawler thinks he will have the same degree of success in BC and here, he will be badly disappointed. That porous O-line will will be having whatever QB they have running for his life and not concentrating on his reads or checkdowns.  The lack of a credible running game will only make that worse.  Reilly, even last year, was much, much better than any QB they can scare up, and he really struggled.

Edited by Tracker

Lawler is a great wr. I would pay 250k a year for the right wr. But that wr would have to be dynamic with the ball in his hands.  Milt level of greatness alone would also do it. 

12 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Putting aside the $, the 2 yr offer could work against BC, because that would lock him in and not allow him another shot at the NFL next season. 
I can totally see us as players for his services if Walters includes a Kongbo clause. 

He would still get the same nfl window while under contract. Same as any one else now. 

The thng is the production He would see in bc with no ol more than questionable qbing and the two no1 wrs would kill his nfl chances. He didn't get an offer off this year. He wouldn't see near the same touches in bc. 

32 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

I honestly think one of the Hallett boys could fill in quite nicely. Plus ,aren't they Nationals?

They are ni. And they are growing every year but they aren't ready to Start in tandem. 

No need go coddle ba. And our defense needs him as much as any player. 

I don't see Bailey going anywhere...A teams interest in a player doesnt equate to the players interest in leaving somewhere that he is establishing himself, and loves for that matter...And in all honesty...what receiver in his right mind would head on down to Ottawa and that mess right now?...I can't think of any reason

Bailey is probably one of the most extreme guys in regards to loyalty...brotherhood and love of his team...teammates and the chance he was given.....He's the last guy I would worry about as to leaving that locker room for a few extra bucks somewhere else...especially a team with next to no chance of any playoff appearance

Just my view,please don't roast if you don't see it this way. I hope Lawler obviously signs here and I know most of us do(just not at BC asking price) and he may not. As we can see,they've put together one of the best rosters our franchise has seen in decades thanks to Walters,Miller and the biggest of all,coach O'Shea. I hope Lawler sees what family he may be leaving,the family that had his back when he made a massive brain fart(the DUI) and just the overall of this franchise in this city. He doesn't owe us anything, put his body out there every play,every tough catch but hopefully he'll want to continue doing so in blue and gold.

Edited by Nolby

1 minute ago, Nolby said:

Just my view,please don't roast if you don't see it this way. I hope Lawler obviously signs here and I know most of us do(just not at BC asking price) and he may not. As we can see,they've put together one of the best rosters our franchise has seen in decades thanks to Walters,Miller and the biggest of all,coach O'Shea. I hope Lawler sees what family he may be leaving,the family that had his back when he made a massive brain fart(the DUI) and just the overall of this franchise in this city. He doesn't owe us anything,out his body out there every play,every tough catch but hopefully he'll want to continue doing so in blue and gold.

Why would someone roast this?