2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

Maybe Lawler is cut of same cloth as others..stays for less..pads it with playoff money...culture and brotherhood

That being said...that offer also disappears if he doesn't  accept it before window for it closes... especially if he still waiting on the NFL...and I doubt as free agency really kicks in BC will be holding that money just in case...I have my doubts he leaves to be honest...we won't match...I doubt we even top out at 200k...but we will have options either way....I bet in this environment a Derrel Walker would flourish and be that top 3 in league receiver again...and I bet he on our radar and could be had for Begelton/Burnham money....I'd also take a stab at Marketh Ambles too...be an excellent complimentary piece...same with Josh Huff....we have a lot of cap friendly options if Lawler prices himself out...Sign Bailey...and Woli..Demski...Walker and say and Ambles or Huff wouldn't hurt u one bit..or even Weineke in place of one of those 3....I also curious as to what Jackson and Argula bring to table..

47 minutes ago, Booch said:

Maybe Lawler is cut of same cloth as others..stays for less..pads it with playoff money...culture and brotherhood

That being said...that offer also disappears if he doesn't  accept it before window for it closes... especially if he still waiting on the NFL...and I doubt as free agency really kicks in BC will be holding that money just in case...I have my doubts he leaves to be honest...we won't match...I doubt we even top out at 200k...but we will have options either way....I bet in this environment a Derrel Walker would flourish and be that top 3 in league receiver again...and I bet he on our radar and could be had for Begelton/Burnham money....I'd also take a stab at Marketh Ambles too...be an excellent complimentary piece...same with Josh Huff....we have a lot of cap friendly options if Lawler prices himself out...Sign Bailey...and Woli..Demski...Walker and say and Ambles or Huff wouldn't hurt u one bit..or even Weineke in place of one of those 3....I also curious as to what Jackson and Argula bring to table..

Who is Argula

If we don’t keep Lawler (which I don’t expect us to), I hope we get Weineke or Acklin. 

13 minutes ago, Mike said:

Who is Argula

If we don’t keep Lawler (which I don’t expect us to), I hope we get Weineke or Acklin. 

Spelled that wrong...the tall dude on the PR...having a moment can't recall his name lol

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Count me in for Weineke.... Probably my favourite non Bombers receiver. 

Hopeful we can keep retaining a few more of our guys this week & early next week (8 - 9 guys).  Think we may lose one of our receivers (hope not), one of our running backs next week, along with Stove and probably a DB. As it is today, we lost 2 starters and a rotation D-linemen so far. 

As far as receivers, Jake Weineke would be first choice as non Bomber free agent receiver, along with Greg Ellingson & Josh Huff I believe fit, if its Kenny Lawler we are replacing. Replacing Adams or Bailey, need more time to think on them, as we have recent signings, McKnight and a couple/three vets that were in camp last year or were signed/retired... Another would be Walker from Edmonton, but I wonder about him, as I was "all in" on him a couple years ago and he turned his back on us and signed in Tor (compensation would have to reflect last years Edmonton performance)..... Definitely, hard no's on Williams & Speedy!!!!

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I want more than one 1000yrd wr this year!

I was thinking about this and how Montreal had 4 1000 yard receivers in one year,having 2 nowadays would be phenomenal and we'd have potential to have 3 if Lawler comes back and Demski we know has the ability to get there.