2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

This is great news about Couture and Woli. Two under the radar guys on a championship winning team that I had a feeling another team would have taken a flyer on in free agency. Especially Woli for whatever reason I thought maybe he was gone. He was certainly under utilized last season. I’m hoping he gets more targets this season but thrilled to have them both coming back. 

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Glad Couture has re-upped....Thinking about the crazy money the Leo's offered Lawler, makes me wonder why they didn't try to go after Couture and fix their O Line....I believe Couture is from that area as well...I wonder if they have any competent people running that organization🤑

They reportedly offered him 200, he signed withe us for 180.

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Glad Couture has re-upped....Thinking about the crazy money the Leo's offered Lawler, makes me wonder why they didn't try to go after Couture and fix their O Line....I believe Couture is from that area as well...I wonder if they have any competent people running that organization🤑

sounds like they did! Offer of 200k from the Lions was on the table. Couture chose wisely :)

3 hours ago, Booch said:

so they skirt SMS...as accomodation money is included in contracts...hmmmmmmmmm

I gurantee every team does something similar. I bet there is a condo somewhere in Winnipeg that a bombers board member or a friend of wade miller owns that houses many bomber players at a somewhat reduced rate. If anything teams like Sask,Winnipeg are at a bigger advantage with this being in a smaller community. 

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

That leaves as RB is only spot where they don't have a Canadian starter lined up. With the news about Alexander wonder if one of the Hallett boys get a shot at safety to start the year.

I definitely think they get some practice reps in TC, at least.

9 minutes ago, Stickem said:

oh yes he did........when Lawler thinks things over he might think wisely as well

Dont forget he was signed by the Lions originally and then they apparently screwed him over in some way when he got injured in camp. I remember the game last year in BC where he lit them up and was really emotional during the post-game interview where he mentioned in not so many words that he was still pissed at the Lions for what happened when he got injured in 2018 and was happy to stick it to them on the field. So there might still be hope for him staying if he still has some animosity.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

3 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Dont forget he was signed by the Lions originally and then they apparently screwed him over in some way when he got injured in camp. I remember the game last year in BC where he lit them up and was really emotional during the post-game interview where he mentioned in not so many words that he was still pissed at the Lions for what happened when he got injured in 2018 and was happy to stick it to them on the field. So there might still be hope for him staying if he still has some animosity.

Hopefully he can see this over the money hill BC threw at him

10 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

That leaves as RB is only spot where they don't have a Canadian starter lined up. With the news about Alexander wonder if one of the Hallett boys get a shot at safety to start the year.

definitely think Noah gets a shot...but we've got lots of bodies that can handle it. 

I can't see us coming close on Lawler. But can we get within 40k or 50k which i think would make him hesitate given the fact he'd be playing with a weak QB on a weak team that has two other top pass catcher's he'd be sharing touches with.  Playoff money plus would be lost and his value going forward would be reduced if he doesn't have the same type of season statistically.