2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So if you're Walters, you need to lock up at least one of Darvin or Bailey right? Along with a pivot to a free agent like Weinke, Cunningham, Collins, right?

I'm taking Bailey right off the bat because he's almost a guarantee and then I'd look at Jake but this past season really shot his value up high or we just out faith into Danny Mac and scouts and we should be rather comfortable with that.

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

No qb, no OL, no Rb... Can't the lions just go be a bad team cheaply and not **** things up for the rest of us? Be no playoff money for Lawler in BC. If that team is anything but dead ******* last in the West I will be shocked.

Lawler, hopefully takes that into consideration... the cost of living in BC, the team moral here, the positives of playing in Wpg,,, all, I can say, still ... Wow to the offer

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If rumours are true, we'll definitely be bringing Duke Williams in now.... That's a massive downgrade, in my mind... 

Weren't the Riders going to pay Williams $200,000 this season?

Well, if it came down to keeping Brandon Alexander or Lawler, I'd pick Alexander.  Defense wins championships.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Weren't the Riders going to pay Williams $200,000 this season?

Well, if it came down to keeping Brandon Alexander or Lawler, I'd pick Alexander.  Defense wins championships.

As a non bombers fan I would disagree. I also dont think it would be one or the other. I dont think BA would get a massive pay day as in over 150,000 just for the reason that not many teams play american at safety. I know he isnt just a safety but to me he is an above average halfback but the leagues best safety. 

3 minutes ago, stevethe3rd said:

As a non bombers fan I would disagree. I also dont think it would be one or the other. I dont think BA would get a massive pay day as in over 150,000 just for the reason that not many teams play american at safety. I know he isnt just a safety but to me he is an above average halfback but the leagues best safety. 

If we sign Lawler then we probably subtract 2 other starting players. One could be Alexander. I think we'd suffer more of a loss with BA gone & Lawler signed. We weren't a GC championship D until he moved to safety.