2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

re: Bombers WRs..... we re-signed a guy a couple weeks ago that was in camp last summer until he got hurt and missed the season. Up to that point, according to Bauming and other reports, he was a lock to make the team. Had been the best receiver in camp to that point. So there's some under the radar stuff that could happen yet...

Blake Jackson torn his achilles? at the end of camp. 

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Two guys, Wolo and Couture. Bighill is a special case. The Bombers got him an off season job. (Maybe we could do that with Lawler too.)

Your imagination is different than mine. I can't see anyone leaving $50K on the table, nor do I think they should. Football careers are too short to turn down that kind of dough. 

I wouldn't pay Lawler $230K, but I suspect that's what it will take.

It might take 230k....it might not. It really is hard to say is all I'm getting at. Every player is different and what they are willing to leave on the table to stay in a stable situation is different for every player. You say Woli, Couture, and Bighill are special cases but that represents about 25% of our guys we have re-signed....so not that special at all. Also, I think Rose, and Bailey probably left a good chunk of change on the table too to re-sign here and I expect that Bryant and Yoshi did too. I know you wanna bang the drum that the Bombers can't get players for significantly cheaper than other teams but the proof is literally in the pudding.

Edited by GCn20

29 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Apparently other FA LB are pissed at Biggie for basically tanking their market.

WAHHHHH....WAHHHH...Suck it up

And Bombers didnt "get" him a job as part of his pay to play here....The maybe helped facilitate that job....one he was working toward already doing, and one where he works just as hard at it as he does on the field...it's not a "token" job where he there in body only getting payed...and anyone who says different, or thinks it's a skirting of SMS is just a complete moron!

Thats just another good example of what It is like playing here, and how the team treats you between the lines and outside it...nothing more...nothing less

14 minutes ago, Nolby said:

Darby dropping some tweets,all sounding pro Bombers,fingers crossed

I'm not seeing anything pro Bomber in those tweets. Nothing anti-Bomber either. One tweet commenting that a lot of FAs are coming off the board, and another between him and Natey Adjei with the latter telling him to come back to the Argos.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

It might take 230k....it might not. It really is hard to say is all I'm getting at. Every player is different and what they are willing to leave on the table to stay in a stable situation is different for every player. You say Woli, Couture, and Bighill are special cases but that represents about 25% of our guys we have re-signed....so not that special at all. Also, I think Rose, and Bailey probably left a good chunk of change on the table too to re-sign here and I expect that Bryant and Yoshi did too. I know you wanna bang the drum that the Bombers can't get players for significantly cheaper than other teams but the proof is literally in the pudding.

Actually I'm saying Woli and Couture took $20K less and that Bighill is the outlier. 

Edited by TBURGESS

10 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Actually I'm saying Woli and Couture took $20K less and that Bighill is the outlier. 

What did Woli sign for? Who offered him 20k more? From what I understand he signed as soon as we offered him a contract and that the deal was quite friendly to the club. Very likely he left more than 20k on the table. Couture got 200k. That's market value....but again....no offers by anyone. To say they stayed for exactly 20k less is 100% pure speculation on your part.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

well he just liked my reply about seeing him back here in 2022...He'll be back

I hope so.

Edited by GCn20