2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Noeller

30 minutes ago, Mike said:

Bailey signed, as per Dunk

HUGE

Massive...he really coming into his own...and his attitude and fire is infectious....I see All-Star in that guy this yr!

12 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Great signing for a guy some wanted cut after a few drops to start the year last season. Glad that the coaching staff’s patience was rewarded. 

its a testament to where we at as an organization where we can develop guys, let them grow and come along...as we have pieces all around them to allow for it

Not surprised Rasheed re-signed, I was honestly shocked it took this long. Probably was because of Lawler holding things up more than anything. I ran into him in the Bomber store last year and had a short conversation with him. He told me straight up, and I know all players say crap like this but it seemed very genuine, that he will either retire after a long and illustrious NFL career or he will retire a Bomber. 

Bailey's first official TD was a surprisingly emotional moment for myself and a lot of other fans after having his 2019 Grey Cup TD called back. His hype video leading up to the 2021 Grey Cup sounded like a guy speaking from the heart, not just reading his lines. Winnipeg is the place to be, nobody knows that better than the guys who are already here. We absolutely needed one of Bailey or Lawler back, I'm glad it got done.

44 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Great signing for a guy some wanted cut after a few drops to start the year last season. Glad that the coaching staff’s patience was rewarded. 

He had a bad start to the season. He showed tremendous poise and confidence to pull through that and grow. 

But you were here talking trash about how we had to air lift soo many wrs cus we couldn't get a star and how none of them were good enough. What a goof move to try and claim some semblance of told ya so. 

56 minutes ago, Nolby said:

I was thinking about this and how Montreal had 4 1000 yard receivers in one year,having 2 nowadays would be phenomenal and we'd have potential to have 3 if Lawler comes back and Demski we know has the ability to get there.

To be fair. A shortened season last year didn’t help many receivers hit 1,000 yards. Lawler being able to do while missing a game was pretty impressive. I’m sure if we have a full season that we can get back to the days of multi 1k guys. 

Never doubted Bailey being back...I think he like Woli....it's here or nowhere for guys like that...I think Walters maybe has told Lawler...here's what we have for you, and is movin to sign other guys based on that...he takes it....or he walks, and that money will be used for the best available guy in free agency...and I am fine with that....especially if it allows for a Stove re-upping....I am not even worried about BA as I see him as another here or nowhere type guy, and regardless...half his salary will be off the books...so we good there, and just allows us more flexability to keep Darby...who in my opinion is key...cause he can play sam...safety...corner or halfback...and play them all at a top level...still shocked we even got him from T.O

I am happy to see Showtime Sheed back. On twitter, he mentioned studying a lot of Deebo Samuel on film which is a role I think he'd excel at here.

I'd also like to take some credit. I posted about wanting to see a WR signing and the same morning we get this. Walters clearly follows my posts. 😉🤣

14 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Looks like $20K is the number for players to stay with us instead of going to a bad team. Would you pay Lawler $230K?

20k is one guys number to stay. Bighill took about a 90k cut on what he could have made to stay here. Every player is different. Some guys won't take 5 cents less than a competing offer, other guys might take 50k. Pretty insane to say that 20k is the number when dealing with individuals. I would imagine we have an offer into Lawler at around the 200k mark. He either takes it or goes to play in a football crap hole. His choice. We will be fine either way.

Edited by GCn20

I'm hoping Bailey continues to progress,   if he can play consistent then it might be a huge signing.    

Otherwise if his emotions gets the best of him and he plays streaky or makes boneheaded emotional decisions on the field (i.e.  penalties/drops)  then I am curious if the people on this site who praise his emotional as a good thing will turn on him and say he's a liability because he can't remain cool and calm.  

Good signing but we still need to get a #1 receiver going into this season (preferably Lawler). 

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

20k is one guys number to stay. Bighill took about a 90k cut on what he could have made to stay here. Every player is different. Some guys won't take 5 cents less than a competing offer, other guys might take 50k. Pretty insane to say that 20k is the number when dealing with individuals.

Bighill is probably an exception.

I get your point and I’m not trying to play devil’s advocate- but all things being equal - just thinking about moving to a new city and staring from scratch and potential bonus money, I think a 20k difference is probably a general starting point in negotiations. Then you might be able to squeeze out a few extra bucks on culture.

take guys like Jefferson, Harris, Bryant, Bighill when we first signed him, we've been paying these guys top dollar for their position. On the free market, they probably could have gotten 10-20 more, but it’s just not worth it to leave for that difference.

Just now, Brandon said:

I'm hoping Bailey continues to progress,   if he can play consistent then it might be a huge signing.    

Otherwise if his emotions gets the best of him and he plays streaky or makes boneheaded emotional decisions on the field (i.e.  penalties/drops)  then I am curious if the people on this site who praise his emotional as a good thing will turn on him and say he's a liability because he can't remain cool and calm.  

Good signing but we still need to get a #1 receiver going into this season (preferably Lawler). 

Bailey now is where Lawler was before this past season. 

Might see McKnight grow into our new Bailey.

Get another newbie to start working in. Especially if we have Adams back but maybe he sees a drop in snaps.

re: Bombers WRs..... we re-signed a guy a couple weeks ago that was in camp last summer until he got hurt and missed the season. Up to that point, according to Bauming and other reports, he was a lock to make the team. Had been the best receiver in camp to that point. So there's some under the radar stuff that could happen yet...

29 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

20k is one guys number to stay. Bighill took about a 90k cut on what he could have made to stay here. Every player is different. Some guys won't take 5 cents less than a competing offer, other guys might take 50k. Pretty insane to say that 20k is the number when dealing with individuals. I would imagine we have an offer into Lawler at around the 200k mark. He either takes it or goes to play in a football crap hole. His choice. We will be fine either way.

Two guys, Wolo and Couture. Bighill is a special case. The Bombers got him an off season job. (Maybe we could do that with Lawler too.)

Your imagination is different than mine. I can't see anyone leaving $50K on the table, nor do I think they should. Football careers are too short to turn down that kind of dough. 

I wouldn't pay Lawler $230K, but I suspect that's what it will take.