2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Stupid ass article from Friesen, what else is new. Love me some Jeffcoat, but is he really that startled at the thought that his team might have other priorities when he’s the one who openly expresses how much he’s been debating retirement? 

Reality is often hard for athletes to face.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Stupid ass article from Friesen, what else is new. Love me some Jeffcoat, but is he really that startled at the thought that his team might have other priorities when he’s the one who openly expresses how much he’s been debating retirement? 

Yeah, you can imagine the leading questions Friesen had to get those quotes.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I think he viewed him self as Willy’s equal. But Willy plays a hell of a lot more football every year, and his pass knock downs impact offenses on a whole other level. 
 Reality is a harsh thing. No bad blood for me, I’ve loved his play and defended him his whole career. Fact is, he under achieved his potential despite being a beast. Jj should be a hofer. He’s that damn good. Instead Jake Thomas might pass him in career sacks. 

JJ should stay calm and in shape. Might be a call from some one like lemon mid season. 

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

That’s the real disrespect. Friesen uses JJ as a soap box to write yet another crappy negative article. 

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

the whole thing had SUCH  negative slant against the team, right from the get go.... that's always been the knock on Friesen (and Wiecek) is the negative slant. It's a reason people always loved Tait. Never led with or looked for the negative...

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the whole thing had SUCH  negative slant against the team, right from the get go.... that's always been the knock on Friesen (and Wiecek) is the negative slant. It's a reason people always loved Tait. Never led with or looked for the negative...

Friesen is just so lazy. He's completely unprepared to push back on anything anyone says. He just writes it down. No wonder he had no idea Strev was coming back, as no one trusts him. He just mails it in. 

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

No question Jeffcoat feels disrespected, but he talked about this last offseason too. Retirements been on his mind for a while and the club has to lock down the guys who are all in before they start on the flip floppers.

He ended up having a great year. 8 sacks and 3 FF the issue is he’s missed 4-6 games every season since he’s been here, minus the shortened 2021 season. It’s hard to justify a big pay day to a guy that you know will be out for a third of the season.. 

8 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Anyone who's got the pride and drive to succeed at this level is gonna have serious feelings when the day comes to shut er down.  His onfield contributions are what matters to me, not his exit interview.

Thanks for being a great Bomber, Mr. Jeffcoat.

Exactly this. It's all well and good to be fans of the game, make posts and state opinions on a football forum. But most of us have never been out there putting our bodies on the line. In many games, he was our best defender. Heck, even fans of other teams said it.

Congrats on a great career, JJ.

Can't see the 'disrespect' comment.....Players put out for this club because they luv playing here....IF there were feelings of 'disrespect' that would have surfaced long ago....Because a club decides to move on from a certain player, I would hardly categorize that as 'disrespect' ...JJ knows quite well that players have a certain 'best before date' and some reach that point a little sooner than others....Jeffcoat was a solid performer for the Bombers and his time with the club was high end and will never be forgotten...Whatever is his path moving forward, I hope he is extremely successful...Good luck JJ....AND Freizen can take a 'flying fack' at a rolling doughnut...he can take his neg. stories and shove them

46 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

I don't like Friesen but Jeffcoat says that article accurately captures the situation.

Sucks to move on from Jeffcoat but it's time. That 2019 Grey Cup from him and Willie was one for the ages. 

The quotes from Jeffcoat are all good… the real hacky stuff is when Friesen clearly tries to paint this picture of “Jeffcoat and Willie are equal (based solely on sack stats) so why the the BB rush to sign Willie and throw Jackson to the curb?”… anyone with the slightest bit of insights can recognize they are very different players with different roles…

enough about annoying hacks that mail it in…

now is the time to celebrate a dominant player who gave his heart and soul to our city and our team… thanks to Jackson for 6 awesome years with the bombers… one of my favourite players over that time… I just hope he stays in shape just in case we need some DE depth come playoff time 😁

Edited by bearpants

Nothing nut props and respect for JJ....As dominant an end as there was when he was playing, and always turned it up in play-offs.

But we all reach that point where we no longer can play the game...or are wanted how we feel we should be...never know when it is, but we are all told.....That being said it gives a true opportunity for some new blood to step in and establish themselves, and may lead to a veteran signing too

Credit to @EdTait for digging this up and putting it in his latest 1st and 10: https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/02/09/first-10-free-agency-preview-2/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Cool sound bite from long-time NFL executive and former Atlanta Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff about Blue Bombers coach Mike O’Shea during a visit with B.C. Lions play-by-play voice Bob Marjanovich at the Super Bowl this week in Las Vegas:

^^ Former Falcons GM believes there is at least SOME interest in Mike O'Shea among NFL GM's.... (as a DC or possibly more...)