Bombers at Ottawa

Jpan85

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm sure Neuf is just taking a vet day but it's good to see Eli getting 1st team reps. 

slap Eli in at center and Neuf and Gray get exponentially better...hats of to Kolo for holding things down when couture was out, and to start the season this yr...but he's a weak link, and isnt the best center we have available...would hope once Eli is full game shape ready he takes over

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

slap Eli in at center and Neuf and Gray get exponentially better...hats of to Kolo for holding things down when couture was out, and to start the season this yr...but he's a weak link, and isnt the best center we have available...would hope once Eli is full game shape ready he takes over

100%. Eli at 100% is one of the best in the league and kola is an over achieving replacement level guy. He could probably be a step up at guard for a team or two but he should really be a back up to the 6th man. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

DT via Twitter:

Day 2 of Bombers practice. SB Nic Demski taking the day off. QB Dru Brown is back after missing practice Tuesday + last week.

Early on WR Carlton Agudosi is getting looks with the 1st team. Would make sense for him to replace Janarion Grant on the roster this week.

Tui Eli filling in at guard for Paddy Neufeld today.

More from @DTonOB:

Demerio Houston & Greg McCrae returning punts today.

Abu Daramy-Swaray wins a jump ball vs Rasheed Bailey and Daramy-Swaray is feeling it! And next play Nick Hallett jumps a Schoen crosser for the pick-6!

Thanks to Dru Brown for sharing some heart-warming stories about his dad. And his dad's line: "Are you open to some mentorship?" is one I definitely will be stealing.

@CJOBchristian will have that interview on the CJOB Sports Show tonight.

----------------------------

F03G9iKXgI04KLC?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by JCon

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Of all the coaches in Bombers history,  he is definitely one of them.

That’s what my Nephew always says to me: Out of all my uncles, you’re one of them. lol

Just now, kschach said:

Dru Brown's Dad passed suddenly last week. There's an interview with him on the Bombers site from practice today. ❤️ to him and family

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/07/12/dru-brown-july-12/

Another reminder where football sits in importance. Condolences to Dru and his family.

33 minutes ago, kschach said:

Dru Brown's Dad passed suddenly last week. There's an interview with him on the Bombers site from practice today. ❤️ to him and family

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/07/12/dru-brown-july-12/

Well-spoken kid in an especially tough situation in front of the media. Condolences to Dru and his family.

2 minutes ago, ddanger said:

Well-spoken kid in an especially tough situation in front of the media. Condolences to Dru and his family.

I was thinking the same. The questions were pretty direct and the first felt insensitive to me. Brown exudes leadership in what must be one of the most difficult situations of his life. I hope being around the team is helpful for him in his grieving.

14 minutes ago, kschach said:

I was thinking the same. The questions were pretty direct and the first felt insensitive to me. Brown exudes leadership in what must be one of the most difficult situations of his life. I hope being around the team is helpful for him in his grieving.

A guy shouldn't have to lose his dad at that young of an age.  Way too young, for both of them.

15 minutes ago, kschach said:

Was that Friesen asking those? ****** has zero tact........

44 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

11 for me. Tears me up thinking about my son going through that. Two bomber players fathers in short order that really sucks. 

****, guys. I’m so sorry to hear you guys have had to deal with this already.

My dad had a heart attack in the early days of covid and no one was allowed to go in and see him. The only reason I knew about it was my aunt was a nurse in the ER and called me. But for hours we didn’t know if he was alive or dead. He thankfully survived but even the thought was enough to put me to my knees.

And same as you wbbfan, I couldn’t stand the thought of putting my daughters through that feeling. Started to be a lot more health focused again.