Bombers at Ottawa

Jpan85

So with all this talk of easing Wilson back into the lineup, I wonder if the bombers could name him as the designated national and have him sub in for Briggs or Gauthier?  He's in his third year with the Blue, so he qualifies, and our regular DN is Grant...

max 23 snaps a game seems like a reasonable pace when it comes to easing a player back in, which is what I hear is happening.

2 minutes ago, johnzo said:

So with all this talk of easing Wilson back into the lineup, I wonder if the bombers could name him as the designated national and have him sub in for Briggs or Gauthier?  He's in his third year with the Blue, so he qualifies, and our regular DN is Grant...

max 23 snaps a game seems like a reasonable pace when it comes to easing a player back in, which is what I hear is happening.

u mean sub in instead of Briggs/Gauthier?....and yes that would be a nice use of the rule....which Osh prob wont....just cause

DT via Twitter:

Day 2 of Bombers practice. SB Nic Demski taking the day off. QB Dru Brown is back after missing practice Tuesday + last week.

Early on WR Carlton Agudosi is getting looks with the 1st team. Would make sense for him to replace Janarion Grant on the roster this week.

Tui Eli filling in at guard for Paddy Neufeld today.

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Not really sure Agudosi makes sense.  Grant barely plays on O.  If a guy from secondary is returning kicks they'll add another guy to secondary.

what makes sense around here tho??...lol...but it keeps with the roster makeup we been using tho....Grant was the returner...back-up Import receiver/backfield guy.....Now Agudosi is the back-up receiver, but the returner part stays with Mcrae...who had replaced him.....so see the logic there....but in all honesty with BOLO on roster if a receiver goes down he is there to step in, and the ability to add an extra DT....DB....LB...to me makes way more sense

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

what makes sense around here tho??...lol...but it keeps with the roster makeup we been using tho....Grant was the returner...back-up Import receiver/backfield guy.....Now Agudosi is the back-up receiver, but the returner part stays with Mcrae...who had replaced him.....so see the logic there....but in all honesty with BOLO on roster if a receiver goes down he is there to step in, and the ability to add an extra DT....DB....LB...to me makes way more sense

I guess if O'Shea and Boudreau are comfortable with McCrae catching punts.  He couldn't do it 2022 preseason but likely has been working on it.

7 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I guess if O'Shea and Boudreau are comfortable with McCrae catching punts.  He couldn't do it 2022 preseason but likely has been working on it.

I think they are comfortable giving him a chance. I would imagine that Walters is looking at options right now unless Rose is ready next game and we roster Daramy at returner instead.

27 minutes ago, Booch said:

I would imagine that McCrae will see reduced time on O because of return duties. I mean he got winded running a long one back last week, they are going to have to keep him fresh for returns lol.

Edited by GCn20

I wish the media would grill O'Shea and ask him why he's not taking advantage of the nationalized American rule. But it seems like that kind of hard-hitting journalism went out the window when social media took over. Why bother asking the tough questions when you can just write a feel-good piece about Willy enjoying the snow this winter?Sadly, this seems to be Randy's CFL vision for the future of CFL media.

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

That would be fantastic use of the fake ni. Allow him to ease in, and get high quality subs going. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

u mean sub in instead of Briggs/Gauthier?....and yes that would be a nice use of the rule....which Osh prob wont....just cause

Yeeeep. Soo sad. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

hope so. Realistically that’s the move for any guy like him. Diversify those talent sets and be more useful. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

DT via Twitter:

Day 2 of Bombers practice. SB Nic Demski taking the day off. QB Dru Brown is back after missing practice Tuesday + last week.

Early on WR Carlton Agudosi is getting looks with the 1st team. Would make sense for him to replace Janarion Grant on the roster this week.

Tui Eli filling in at guard for Paddy Neufeld today.

They are just teasing me with bringing Dobson/Eli up lol.