Bombers at Ottawa

Jpan85

factor in that the defense was on the field for 22 minutes in second half...one could assume they were right gassed...and it showed with the sloppy 4th quarter in particular tackling...thats a dead sign of players on fumes....and that falls on the offence sucking and not sustaining drives

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

factor in that the defense was on the field for 22 minutes in second half...one could assume they were right gassed...and it showed with the sloppy 4th quarter in particular tackling...thats a dead sign of players on fumes....and that falls on the offence sucking and not sustaining drives

Yeah not to mention I hold the offense to a high standard given the talent on that side of the ball. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah not to mention I hold the offense to a high standard given the talent on that side of the ball. 

well...with the return of Lawler now Schoen and Demski are going to have a field day...factor in that Teams are now forced to focus a bit more on Woli too, as he has been more of a focus on offence and co-ordinators need to respect that.....then you also have Bailey who if they try to take others away will kill you as well....so yeah...there should be no more offensive excuses...especially if we sort out that oline

2 hours ago, Booch said:

well...with the return of Lawler now Schoen and Demski are going to have a field day...factor in that Teams are now forced to focus a bit more on Woli too, as he has been more of a focus on offence and co-ordinators need to respect that.....then you also have Bailey who if they try to take others away will kill you as well....so yeah...there should be no more offensive excuses...especially if we sort out that oline

That should be the main focus. It doesn't really matter if we have KL in the line up, if Zach doesn't have time to throw. 

9 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

Is it me or do all our collapses or near collapses start with a Brady Olivera fumble. 

Oliveira fumbled because of a rookie mistake- he did not cover the nose of the ball when he was carrying and it got punched out of his arm. No doubt he got a tongue-lashing because that should never have happened.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Oliveira fumbled because of a rookie mistake- he did not cover the nose of the ball when he was carrying and it got punched out of his arm. No doubt he got a tongue-lashing because that should never have happened.

I believe our first loss last season also had a late game Brady Oliveira fumble. It was against Montreal. And our first game of the year this year when we almost fully collapsed there was an Oliveira fumble as well. Not trying to come down hard on him because he's a young player and he's a good one. But it just seems to be a reoccurring theme in some of our losses. 

18 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Just watching a few clips and highlights of last game... the loss is a lot easier to stomach when you see the pure joy and jubilation in Dyce on the final game winning TD... 

if we were to pull a shitacular epic flop like that...glad it was to Ott and Dyce and in their barn for their fans to be honest...any one else and I'd prob have kicked myself in the junk if I could have...I over it now....we were gonna lose 2 games this yr anyway...and was banking on 4....so we have 2 mulligans left....if we tweak and fix a few minimal things...light up the Elks this week and head into the bye knowing what we need to Do...I'm saying now we host the WF

1 hour ago, Booch said:

if we were to pull a shitacular epic flop like that...glad it was to Ott and Dyce and in their barn for their fans to be honest...any one else and I'd prob have kicked myself in the junk if I could have...I over it now....we were gonna lose 2 games this yr anyway...and was banking on 4....so we have 2 mulligans left....if we tweak and fix a few minimal things...light up the Elks this week and head into the bye knowing what we need to Do...I'm saying now we host the WF

I always root for a fellow Winnipeg boy. I have great admiration for Bobby "Shake 'em up" Dyce

4 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Just watching a few clips and highlights of last game... the loss is a lot easier to stomach when you see the pure joy and jubilation in Dyce on the final game winning TD... 

I'll give you that Dyce was over-joyed possibly because he gets to keep his job, and that it was good for their franchise and the league...bla bla bla...but it still was gross and absolutely brutal that we lost. I thought I was gonna barf watching that game!

29 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I'll give you that Dyce was over-joyed possibly because he gets to keep his job, and that it was good for their franchise and the league...bla bla bla...but it still was gross and absolutely brutal that we lost. I thought I was gonna barf watching that game!

Preaching to the choir... we almost ended up needing a new tv when Crum tied it up. All I am saying... it was really nice to watch Dyce sincerely jubilant. 

Out of all the other Head coaches... I like Dyce the most- I think I hate or have a good amount of disdain for all the other coaches... Yup, its hate or disdain.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

I was so gawd damned mad I choked on my beer yelling at the tv......I was ready to punch the remote off button, UNTIL I saw Dyce start to dance around on the sidelines and his players going nuts in the end zone mobbing each other ....How could you not feel good for the guy and his beaten down club ....I have time for Dyce ....one of the few opposition coaches I don't mind....Was glad for him......sad for us all at the same time......went and got a few more beers and got po'd all over again about the loss.....Gets hyper emotional sometimes this game of football....In the end it's onward and upward ....next man up

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

very very easily.......

......it was short lived ....I know we wouldn't/didn't get that kind of consideration....especially after the Cup loss....There was a lot of teams relishing in our defeat......especially in the province next door to the west......I have a long memory when it comes down to those things .....but I like to think we can be bigger than that bull$hit sometimes

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

......it was short lived ....I know we wouldn't/didn't get that kind of consideration....especially after the Cup loss....There was a lot of teams relishing in our defeat......especially in the province next door to the west......I have a long memory when it comes down to those things .....but I like to think we can be bigger than that bull$hit sometimes

Some people are fans of the Bombers without being fans of the sport or League. I don't get it myself.

Bob's victory celebration made me smile as a fan of the sport and league

34 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I was so gawd damned mad I choked on my beer yelling at the tv......I was ready to punch the remote off button, UNTIL I saw Dyce start to dance around on the sidelines and his players going nuts in the end zone mobbing each other ....How could you not feel good for the guy and his beaten down club ....I have time for Dyce ....one of the few opposition coaches I don't mind....Was glad for him......sad for us all at the same time......went and got a few more beers and got po'd all over again about the loss.....Gets hyper emotional sometimes this game of football....In the end it's onward and upward ....next man up

I just went "s h i t!!!" & stared at the tv screen watching the bedlam at the Ottawa bench after Crum scored in OT. Sorry, not sorry for Bob Dyce. He signed up coaching a bad team & is getting paid for it so if he wins or loses I don't care. He'll get paid no matter what happens. He beat us & he is an enemy coach. At least this time, I didn't pick up a chair to throw through the tv screen like I wanted to in 1982 after our bogus loss to the Eskimos in the Western Final because of a very borderline RTP call before my Mom stopped me. I acted like a raving lunatic that day. I guess in my old age I have mellowed. Still pissed off with what happened but just took it in stride saying to my wife that the Bombers deserved what happened to them. I also said that Ottawa won their Grey Cup so good on them. Then I just got on with the rest of my day trying to forget about it.

I'll be real here, I found the first half to be so boring. I tuned in and out the 2nd half and tuned back and said... they are gonna blow this one after the pick 6. 

And they did. Perhaps made easier by the sask td then fg loss last second to Calgary.