LOLks @ Back 2 Back Champs: Tha Mahfuggin Game Day Thread

Noeller

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah went to cjob. Having to chase the small fleeting moments of cfl coverage out side of the snaps on tsn is terrible. They are a trash partner to the cfl. 

I’m thinking maybe back in the crazy Edmonton days maybe? Pretty rarified air no matter what I’m sure. 

I remember the Bombers doing it in the 1990 Grey Cup if memory serves, but it is rare. 

EDIT: Actually they did not upon checking. All 3 got into the game but only Burgess and McManus threw TDs. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

The TD pass stats are almost unbelievable. The fact that Rourke is still number two shows you how pathetic the rest of the league is.

And our offense was supposed to be the weak part of the team! Hell, even Bailey is top 10, and ahead of Lawler to boot!

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

About 500 all in, for the wife and I. Just booked. In Thursday night, out Monday afternoon. That is going to be a weekend!! 

That’s pretty cheap. More $$ left for beer. 

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yes generally the weekend falls between Thursday and Monday 

Jealous much? LOL

1 minute ago, GCJenks said:

That’s pretty cheap. More $$ left for beer. 

Jealous much? LOL

About double what we paid in the summer but still cheaper than driving. 

And don't worry Dave, I'll send ya a postcard from one of the breweries.... :)

38 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The TD pass stats are almost unbelievable. The fact that Rourke is still number two shows you how pathetic the rest of the league is.

And our offense was supposed to be the weak part of the team! Hell, even Bailey is top 10, and ahead of Lawler to boot!

A pretty crazy stat... WPG only has 1 receiver in the top ten for passing attempts (Shoen at 10th) but 3 in the top ten for TDs

ZC’s post game was an interesting look at how our coaching staff operates.

He said that him and Brown go looking for plays in other leagues that they think could work for us, and Buck tries to put those plays into the playbook/game plan if they all agree it looks good.

Specifically they noticed something about Edmonton’s front - brought it to Buck, suggested DP run the play- Buck put it in and it got a TD. 

I don’t think that is all too common a thing to give your players that kind of voice

16 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

ZC’s post game was an interesting look at how our coaching staff operates.

He said that him and Brown go looking for plays in other leagues that they think could work for us, and Buck tries to put those plays into the playbook/game plan if they all agree it looks good.

Specifically they noticed something about Edmonton’s front - brought it to Buck, suggested DP run the play- Buck put it in and it got a TD. 

I don’t think that is all too common a thing to give your players that kind of voice

The record the past 2 yrs is likely due to a lot of things like this...