LOLks @ Back 2 Back Champs: Tha Mahfuggin Game Day Thread

Noeller

8 minutes ago, Mark F said:

argo head coach went to the NFl  a few years ago. milanovitch. Bombers O line coach ...went to cleveland

Chris Jones went for a year 

yeah....American Coaches....not born and bred Canadian's...who played CIS ball....and never played in the NFL...let alone any coacing experience in the U.S game is what I was referring to, not American coaches who came up here....Huge...Massive difference, and will never happen

17 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Or he will re-sign

Tough part of developing QBs in the CFL. If they show anything in those first two years, half the league will be clamoring after them in FA.

Meanwhile, Zach is in that phase of his career where you can see the end, but you're not sure how long it's going to be.

Ultimately, I hope Dru gets his shot elsewhere, because it means Zach has stuck around for a few more years. I don't see why Dru would stay after next season if there wasn't an immediate path to a starting job.

15 hours ago, Mark F said:

going to have to figure out a way to keep OShea.Walters. 

although, could be hard for them, or anyone, to recreate this team.

They are clearly exceptional at building a team, but if we are being realistic, some very good fortune came their/our way.   (about time for the Bombers)

it will be interesting to see which coach gets poached. If any. I could see some NFL teams looking at our coaches.

They're already at the top of their respective positions in a league with a management salary cap.

If other teams can't offer them more money or more responsibility, why would they leave?

Danny and Ted will continue to get opportunities for GM positions, but MOS and Walters aren't going anywhere.

there no fear of Osh and Walters needing to be replaced here for the next little while unless we can them...and I dont see that happening...Osh been here for 9 yrs now...his life is here...people keep saying he may want to go home to coach there..Last time I checked North Bay didnt have a team...yeah he drafted and played for Ham...then T.O...but that was 15 yrs ago...times and people change...

44 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Tough part of developing QBs in the CFL. If they show anything in those first two years, half the league will be clamoring after them in FA.

Meanwhile, Zach is in that phase of his career where you can see the end, but you're not sure how long it's going to be.

Ultimately, I hope Dru gets his shot elsewhere, because it means Zach has stuck around for a few more years. I don't see why Dru would stay after next season if there wasn't an immediate path to a starting job.

They're already at the top of their respective positions in a league with a management salary cap.

If other teams can't offer them more money or more responsibility, why would they leave?

Danny and Ted will continue to get opportunities for GM positions, but MOS and Walters aren't going anywhere.

would take a pretty sweet deal...with a lot of concessions for Macmanus to leave...and not many teams will want a GM who would 90 percent of time being "remote"....just look at how that worked with Mack....tho I should be ashamed of myself for comparing Macmanus with Mack....feel free to cuff me around ahahaha

28 minutes ago, Booch said:

there no fear of Osh and Walters needing to be replaced here for the next little while unless we can them...and I dont see that happening...Osh been here for 9 yrs now...his life is here...people keep saying he may want to go home to coach there..Last time I checked North Bay didnt have a team...yeah he drafted and played for Ham...then T.O...but that was 15 yrs ago...times and people change...

would take a pretty sweet deal...with a lot of concessions for Macmanus to leave...and not many teams will want a GM who would 90 percent of time being "remote"....just look at how that worked with Mack....tho I should be ashamed of myself for comparing Macmanus with Mack....feel free to cuff me around ahahaha

Can confirm - North Bay has no CFL team

25 minutes ago, Booch said:

Fair enough on that first bolded part, I just know he's taken interviews so there has to be some level of interest.

As to the Mack thing....better check yo self before you wreck yo self.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I'd like to point out that North Bay, with no CFL team, is only 4 Grey Cups behind Saskatchewan.

22 hours ago, Booch said:

He gonna be 26 this month...oct 13th...Zylstra got his chance at 23..24...and basically was a PR guy and rare roster guy for first few yrs...Schoen wont get that consideration

So you mean half a year younger than kongbo? Age isn’t going to keep him out of nfl looks. 

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

So you mean half a year younger than kongbo? Age isn’t going to keep him out of nfl looks. 

Wanna bet? Kongbo as well was a projected high draft pick...looks are one thing...actual opp is another...look at Desjarlais right now...gone a month with no paycheck waiting.for a look...

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Wanna bet? Kongbo as well was a projected high draft pick...looks are one thing...actual opp is another...look at Desjarlais right now...gone a month with no paycheck waiting.for a look...

Didn’t you also assure that lawler would be back,( no one was gonna touch him with the dui) and kongbo would be cut in camp? 

On 2022-10-08 at 8:02 PM, GCJenks said:

So @Noellerhow much are the flights?

Flights locked in for Friday-Monday, and now got the game tix purchased. Second deck, behind the Bombers bench, right on the 55 (my favourite vantage point at IGF). Can't freaking WAIT for that weekend!