2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I don't know he may be right if BLM signs.   I can't think of anyone outside of Casey Printers that Hamilton has signed or traded for with a great deal of hype behind them.    

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't know he may be right if BLM signs.   I can't think of anyone outside of Casey Printers that Hamilton has signed or traded for with a great deal of hype behind them.    

If they were getting prime BLM, then absolutely.  They aren't though.  He's not what he once was so what he did for Calgary wouldn't be the same for Hamilton.

13 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Burris

Collaros too.

When the Ticats traded for his rights to beat free agency he was clearly on the way up and ready to start.  Had just led Toronto for half the season while Ricky Ray was out.

Burris and Collaros both led the Ticats to Grey Cup appearances.

I don't believe BLM would be an upgrade on Evans.

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

I think you're all missing the point..... I'm not shitting on Candians who played in the States. The point is that we had Rourke shoved down our throats as "Kid Canada" all season for all these things he supposedly did as a Canadian QB. The way TSN spun it (ad nauseum) was as if he was a Canadian who'd come through the Canadian HS and CIS ranks and into the CFL. 

All the other players that have been mentioned recently in this thread weren't jammed down our throats as incredible Canadians doing something that nobody'd ever done before. That's really where my issue comes in. If Rourke had played entirely 3 down football his whole life and was still doing the things he did, and TSN wanted to freak out about it, I would have no problem. 

You know we won and we're going to the Grey Cup, Right?

Edited by WBBFanWest

14 hours ago, Booch said:

No he wont...that's already been debunked numerous times...with max PR weeks he would make with exchange about 280k..plus or minus a few hundred depending on the exchange...so how is that more than 450 to 600k in canada...please explain 

Same with it been reported in press numerous times..and again today that if he was to play next yr up here...it would be top flight QB money...arguing again just to argue I see

Read the CBA. It says that there is an option in the 3rd year for draft picks and says what that option is. The options caps the draft picks salary. It doesn't allow BC to pay him what he deserves. He gets around 80K if he stays in the CFL. He gets $280K USD on the NFL PR.

Debunked doesn't mean 'I don't think it means what it says in black and white' in the CBA.

I'm not arguing. I'm explaining why you're wrong.

33 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Read the CBA. It says that there is an option in the 3rd year for draft picks and says what that option is. The options caps the draft picks salary. It doesn't allow BC to pay him what he deserves. He gets around 80K if he stays in the CFL. He gets $280K USD on the NFL PR.

Debunked doesn't mean 'I don't think it means what it says in black and white' in the CBA.

I'm not arguing. I'm explaining why you're wrong.

giphy.gif

Yeah no need to argue with the know it all...BC already came out and said it WONT be for 80k...I'll just leave it at that...here's a suggestion to put money where yap is...if he comes back for 80k I wont post ever again...if it's for more how bout you @TBURGESSdo same...u game? U seem to know the answers..time to back it up...deal? Who's on board? 

Before this turns into another pointless name-calling, ****-measuring contest between TBurg and Booch, instead of resurrecting last month’s tired arguments. could one of you use your desire to go back in time to do something useful like telling me the winning powerball numbers 3 weeks ago? Otherwise can we please just let this die and enjoy Grey Cup week?

It's like trying to correct anti-vaxers. Show them the information in black and white and they say 'I don't believe it' & 'What If' & 'You don't know for sure' & 'You're beating a dead horse'. You can't use facts to convince people who 'don't agree' with the facts. FTR: the CBA says what the options are for 3rd year draft picks & a  NEW contract that supersedes the CBA rules for 3rd year draft picks ain't one of them.

Folks who hoped that Rourke got hurt again so they could TOLDYASO me are now hoping that Rourke comes back to the CFL next year and gets a new big contract so they can TOLDYASO me. 🙄

I doubt that Rourke comes back to the CFL next year, but if he does & he gets more than the $80k-ish that the CBA states, it will be because the CFL gives BC an out from the CBA. I think that would be fair for everyone involved & I think the next CBA should be modified to allow for draft picks to make what they are worth to the teams who draft them.

Edited by TBURGESS