2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

14 hours ago, Geebrr said:

We already have a RB.

Pass on CoFaj - why are we even discussing this? Dru Brown is the guy 

This is obviously purely hypothetical and mostly just a joke at the riders expense... but for a third string, short yardage guy at a massive discount (100k or less)... you could do a lot worse than Fajardo... that's said, I'd rather stick with Prukopp if he doesn't have other opportunities.

Edited by bearpants

I'm not convinced there is a spot for Fajardo in the CFL next year unless he swallows a LOT of pride and takes a massive pay cut.  

He wants to be "the guy", but he's not good enough - I think he's even delusional enough to believe he IS "the guy". 

He'll have to accept that if he wants to continue, he'll only see 4th quarter action when the outcome of a game is no longer in doubt.  He'll also have to accept the salary that allows that.

11 minutes ago, bearpants said:

This is obviously purely hypothetical and mostly just a joke at the riders expense... but for a third string, short yardage guy at a massive discount (100k or less)... you could do a lot worse than Fajardo... that's said, I'd rather stick with Prukopp if he doesn't have other opportunities.

I've been happy with what he has done for us this year but realistically what other options would be out there for him, if he stays in the CFL?  He's not going to be a starter on any team, even the Riders so he's stuck in a back-up role.  Maybe someone will give him a shot at the #2 position but he saw the field more as QB3 here than he would as QB2.  If you're stuck in a back-up role, would you not want it to be on the best team in the league? 

37 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I've been happy with what he has done for us this year but realistically what other options would be out there for him, if he stays in the CFL?  He's not going to be a starter on any team, even the Riders so he's stuck in a back-up role.  Maybe someone will give him a shot at the #2 position but he saw the field more as QB3 here than he would as QB2.  If you're stuck in a back-up role, would you not want it to be on the best team in the league? 

maybe he signs somewhere where the QB1 isn't set and he has a chance to compete for it... I think that would be his best case scenario