2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Not really- you either want to be in BC or the NFL. 

He wants to be in the NFL. If he can’t he will be in BC, already under contract, and underpaid. 

lol believe what you want

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

let him take his shot, and wallow around on a PR...or try to land a pr spot all yr...makes the Lions weaker, and thats a good thing

I wonder if he'd settle for a PR spot. He'll make more up here than being on one.

18 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Not really- you either want to be in BC or the NFL. 

He wants to be in the NFL. If he can’t he will be in BC, already under contract, and underpaid. 

I want a billion dollars and to wake up next to Jessica Chastain each morning.

It's not always about choices determining outcomes.

23 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

lol believe what you want

I wonder if he'd settle for a PR spot. He'll make more up here than being on one.

yeah hard to say...even strev would be making more here than on the PR...Tho he is so close to pension...worth his while to exhaust this season down there

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Interesting. So no slam dunk for Hamilton.

It's as close as it gets. Bo is smart and is going to leverage offers. He can't say it has nothing to do with money, and I believe him when he says he wants to win now/be around talent etc, but it's absolutely also about $$.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

He'll stick, IMO. He has all the tools.

yeah...I sure he will for a yr or two on a PR...or holding a clip board....now question is...is he a guy who wants to play, and become an all-time great...as it won't happen for him down there....there was a reason he had no NFL time to date coming out of school...he will be back at some point

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

Nary a Rider on the all-star team...are they the only squad shut out?...thats gotta sting the wing nutz in that fan base....and funny part is there are 5 guys on the team that decided to move on from....oh to turn back the clock lol

Only guy eligible was Moncrief, and they went with Cam Kelly for his spot. 

If only the Riders wouldn’t have disrespected Willie Jefferson. He wanted to get paid, and they decided to pay Micah Johnson instead. 

9 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Only guy eligible was Moncrief, and they went with Cam Kelly for his spot. 

If only the Riders wouldn’t have disrespected Willie Jefferson. He wanted to get paid, and they decided to pay Micah Johnson instead. 

well....they all are eligible 😁 but I know what you mean....

all in all I think it a pretty good and fair list....Not sure about Marcus Sayles tho....there were a lot of guys better that didnt get burned like he did...Mike Jones should have been there....he got jobbed

Edited by Booch

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Rourke was born in Victoria B.C. .....Ontario my aunt Frieda....This guy better get his facts straight

He grew up in Ontario and played high school football there before going to the US.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200330050233/https://www.insidehalton.com/sports-story/6260304-radley-the-superstar-high-school-qb-without-a-home/

After a sensational Grade 11 season at Holy Trinity Secondary in Oakville, the 17-year-old, who grew up playing in the Burlington minor football system...

Edited by blue_gold_84
link added

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

well....they all are eligible 😁 but I know what you mean....

all in all I think it a pretty good and fair list....Not sure about Marcus Sayles tho....there were a lot of guys better that didnt get burned like he did...Mike Jones should have been there....he got jobbed

That’s just it, list looks pretty good. Jones was pretty dominant yea… I wish the CFL tracked targets and such more for DBs. Be curious to see who the best of the best are.

13 minutes ago, Noeller said:

as far as I'm concerned, Rourke is just another American QB that came up in the American system. Absolutely couldn't care less about him. Talk about Tre Ford, if you want to talk about Canadian QBs...

yeah he is more an actual Kid Canada....all his formative yrs playing were in Canada....the sole reason that since forever...and in future that the Americans who came up here as rookies and are far superior is due to the coaching/training/competition and money put into it down south....I se it every yr at camps with Canadian trained players...vs American...and Canadian trained vs Canadian players who went to U.S prep schools, and played U.S college or JUCO ball...it's like night and day

Same with the numerous Canadians now in the NFL...the ones who stick, and produce are the U.S trained ones...basically American players...the ones who try from USport rarely succeed...there is the odd exception to the rule that will stick around...or actually become a contributor but the American trained are wayyyyy ahead of the curve, and and NFL team doesn't have the 3 yrs to put into them to reap any rewards...just the way it is

Thats why I was also a lil sick of the Kid Canada bullshit and said it was a slap in the face to every other Canadian player...especially the ones who played all ball in Canada....

Edited by Booch

1 hour ago, greenrider55 said:

Bo Levi just said on radio he won’t be signing anywhere till free agency. Wants to see where players/coaches go and what offers are like.

Wants to see if Rourke goes to the NFL and if BC has any interest in him.  Hamilton and the Riders will offer him the most money, but he stated he is looking for a championship and to cement his legacy. Rules the Riders out, as they are a tire fire. Hamilton may still persuade him though. If Rourke is gone, I could definitely see BC making a play for him for a year.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Wants to see if Rourke goes to the NFL and if BC has any interest in him.  Hamilton and the Riders will offer him the most money, but he stated he is looking for a championship and to cement his legacy. Rules the Riders out, as they are a tire fire. Hamilton may still persuade him though. If Rourke is gone, I could definitely see BC making a play for him for a year.

thats what I figured all along....but BC will be in a damned if u do...damned if u dont....if they hedge thinking rourke comes back and pass up the chance.....and then he sticks....they screwed...and if they sign BLM for premiere starter money, as u know he is getting at least 450k...and Rourke does come free...then what do u do?...

5 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Yea I never considered BC till now. One could even wonder if Rourke getting invites intrigued Bo enough to want to see if BC makes a play.

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Yea I never considered BC till now. One could even wonder if Rourke getting invites intrigued Bo enough to want to see if BC makes a play.

think he knew it was a given he would get looks...and if anyteam signs him and throws in a bonus...he will be down there for the yr at minimum...and Bo' knows that too...so he could be playing 3 teams against each other...like he did before....basically just use Sask again to up his dollars with no intent of signing there lol