2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

20 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Can someone please explain to me how the Stamps can have 8 CFL All Stars & the Bombers 6??? They didn't beat the Lions or the Bombers during the regular season & lost the WDSF to the Lions... I don't get it.

Individual stars < Team Chemistry

46 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Bryce Dallas Howard is much better looking, IMO.

Tell me you haven't seen "Molly's Game" without telling me you haven't seen "Molly's Game".

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

So playing devil's advocate on this Canadian player discussion, if you had a chance to play U Sports or NCAA D1 (even say a smaller D1 school such as UND), which would you take?

south of the border every day...well if you are wanting to legit advance the playing career

Nobody ever denied that you shouldn't take the NCAA route. The only thing that's been said is, if everyone's going to go crazy about "First Canadian QB To __________" and wet their pants about it, it should at least be about a QB that's played his entire "career" north of the border. Only played 3 down football his entire life. Otherwise, you're just another generic American recruit. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Nobody ever denied that you shouldn't take the NCAA route. The only thing that's been said is, if everyone's going to go crazy about "First Canadian QB To __________" and wet their pants about it, it should at least be about a QB that's played his entire "career" north of the border. Only played 3 down football his entire life. Otherwise, you're just another generic American recruit. 

How many current Bombers are Canadians who played college ball South of the border?  I don't think we'd call them generic American recruits.

I think your hate for Rourke is a little strong today.  He's gone!  Bad man gone!

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

By this definition Doug Brown is a generic American recruit. BC plays 4 down football and SFU where he went was in the NAIA at the time and played four down football. He didn't play 3 down until he came to Winnipeg in 2001. Brady O went to UND so that would also make him not a Canadian. I disagree with your definition of a Canadian in this context.

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

By this definition Doug Brown is a generic American recruit. BC plays 4 down football and SFU where he went was in the NAIA at the time and played four down football. He didn't play 3 down until he came to Winnipeg in 2001. Brady O went to UND so that would also make him not a Canadian. I disagree with your definition of a Canadian in this context.

Both of your examples played HS ball here and Brown played his college years in Canada. 

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Add to the list:

• Dobson - Texas State
  • BOLO - Nevada
  • Patrice Rene - Rutgers

And don't get me started on Wolitarsky!

I think you're all missing the point..... I'm not shitting on Candians who played in the States. The point is that we had Rourke shoved down our throats as "Kid Canada" all season for all these things he supposedly did as a Canadian QB. The way TSN spun it (ad nauseum) was as if he was a Canadian who'd come through the Canadian HS and CIS ranks and into the CFL. 

All the other players that have been mentioned recently in this thread weren't jammed down our throats as incredible Canadians doing something that nobody'd ever done before. That's really where my issue comes in. If Rourke had played entirely 3 down football his whole life and was still doing the things he did, and TSN wanted to freak out about it, I would have no problem. 

Edited by Noeller

It's a very Canadian trait to crap on Canadians who have made good.  Rourke has nothing to do with the hype machine and by all accounts is a grounded, classy athlete (also Canadian traits).  I really don't understand the hate.  He was a good story in a league that needs good stories.

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

It's a very Canadian trait to crap on Canadians who have made good.  Rourke has nothing to do with the hype machine and by all accounts is a grounded, classy athlete (also Canadian traits).  I really don't understand the hate.  He was a good story in a league that needs good stories.

Yup- Really dig the kid and wish him success, unbound (except against us- he can go to hell when he plays against us).

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

Rourke will make more on the PR in the NFL than coming back to the CFL next year.

No he wont...that's already been debunked numerous times...with max PR weeks he would make with exchange about 280k..plus or minus a few hundred depending on the exchange...so how is that more than 450 to 600k in canada...please explain 

Same with it been reported in press numerous times..and again today that if he was to play next yr up here...it would be top flight QB money...arguing again just to argue I see