2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

14 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Just lock this plan in... it's so easy to turn a team around in the CFL... especially the O-line.... I imagine there's teams lining up to sign him as their GM as we speak!

Just go get some receivers off the receiver shelf, sign all the other good players you want and voila! Dynasty!

DRU is signed through next yr...Wonder what Prukopps status is tho...I could see them going after him, considering their oline is a mess, and they will need a QB like him....Evans I doubt signs there....not sure he wants to deal with that....it be like jumping from the fry pan into the fire

They me actually be relegated to having to kiss and make up with the Faj....and that would just be funny as heck....I also see them throwing gobs of money at Strev if he gets let go in NFL off-season....but they have big issues to fix there above and beyond the QB position

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Just go get some receivers off the receiver shelf, sign all the other good players you want and voila! Dynasty!

super fast ones tho...thats the key

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

DRU is signed through next yr...Wonder what Prukopps status is tho...I could see them going after him, considering their oline is a mess, and they will need a QB like him....Evans I doubt signs there....not sure he wants to deal with that....it be like jumping from the fry pan into the fire

They me actually be relegated to having to kiss and make up with the Faj....and that would just be funny as heck....I also see them throwing gobs of money at Strev if he gets let go in NFL off-season....but they have big issues to fix there above and beyond the QB position

Yup I was thinking more kicking the tires on a possible trade.

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup I was thinking more kicking the tires on a possible trade.

what they have worth a trade we need??....Schaeffer Baker is an asset...but very unpolished...I think BOLO has more upside, and actually is a great route runner...KSB not so much....other than that....there nothing really there that they likely willing to part with...especially with Dru still being really an unproven commodity...doing well in our system and eb=environment/culture probably wont translate well in theirs...or lack thereof

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

what they have worth a trade we need??....Schaeffer Baker is an asset...but very unpolished...I think BOLO has more upside, and actually is a great route runner...KSB not so much....other than that....there nothing really there that they likely willing to part with...especially with Dru still being really an unproven commodity...doing well in our system and eb=environment/culture probably wont translate well in theirs...or lack thereof

A draft pick and a couple of combines? It was just a thought because anyone coming from our organization probably gets a bit more credence than any other team right now and we might be able to take advantage of that.

With that said, you're probably right and let's hope they continue to be stuck on four.

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

A draft pick and a couple of combines? It was just a thought because anyone coming from our organization probably gets a bit more credence than any other team right now and we might be able to take advantage of that.

With that said, you're probably right and let's hope they continue to be stuck on four.

I would feel so bad for a player to be dealt there....still feeling bummed for Wilcotts...but it was a neccesity of the business, and would take Darby any day

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

It takes very long shelves to hold speedy receivers.

2 hours ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Difference is, Hammie realized they needed to be aggressive if they wanted their man. 

Meanwhile, O’Day stands slack jawed at Mosaic, while the painters apply our logo to their end zone. 

Does he have any other way of standing?  LOL

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Somebody go check on that Ballsy dude... he was sure BLM was going to lead the Riders rebuild.

Soo all the riders have to do is fix the entire offense. Easy peasy.  Every one fixes their ol and gets a bunch of good fast imp wrs cheap all the time! Lmfao rider fans. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

I'd love if we could sign Matthew Schilz as a backup to Collaros. He's shown to be a pretty good qb. I think he's better than Evans but if the Ti Cats sign Bo that changes everything in Hamilton. If Bo signs in Hammy would Schilz stick around? The Ti Cats are sending a direct message to Dane Evans to take his sob story diva act somewhere else.

I'm not convinced Dru Brown is the long term answer here. Imagine if we have to play the kid in the GC like we did Dinwiddie in 2007?? That thought is horrible. I just wish we had an experienced & competent backup qb.

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Somebody go check on that Ballsy dude... he was sure BLM was going to lead the Riders rebuild.

Who is this idiot does he where watermelon underwear, is he best friends with Suitor cause that some real pie in the sky stuff. First thing you do is get a real HC and if that's not the plan you are going nowhere.

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Who is this idiot does he where watermelon underwear, is he best friends with Suitor cause that some real pie in the sky stuff. First thing you do is get a real HC and if that's not the plan you are going nowhere.

He is Derek Taylor's replacement as the Riders radio guy.  I hope he has a long career so we're treated to more gems like this.

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Evans doesn’t want/need to deal with the idiot fan base in the Gap.

He will go to Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, or BC 

With Evans being a guy that has publicly talked about struggles with mental health, the Riders would be the worst place to go. The "fans" treat players terribly if the wins aren't coming.