2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

3 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I legitimately didn’t think trades were even allowed at this point in the year.

I hope this doesn’t change anything for Bo on TSN. Looking forward to his coverage.

To be fair, Hamilton’s situation isn’t much better. Unless they’re going all out for free agency.

I believe it breaks down to the trade deadline lasts till the off season and for those teams the season is over. I want to say I recall the don getting hand slapped for doing some thing like this during gc week.  

Honestly the league should just extend the movement limitation till the week after the gc. No firing hiring extensions etc during gc week. 

I wonder what ham gave up. 

Just now, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Difference is, Hammie realized they needed to be aggressive if they wanted their man. 

Meanwhile, O’Day stands slack jawed at Mosaic, while the painters apply our logo to their end zone. 

Farhan is saying that if Hammy didn't do it, the Riders would have. Which I would have loved to watch honestly. Riders trade for his rights, and Bo signs in Hammy anyway lol.

11 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

I legitimately didn’t think trades were even allowed at this point in the year.

I think stuff still happens behind the scenes and such- it's just that there are no official announcements during GC week. This news is hearsay and leaked stuff... I haven;t seen any official announcement about it.

On 2022-11-11 at 10:48 AM, coach17 said:

https://archive.macleans.ca/index.php/article/1980/11/24/grey-cup-hangovers-and-a-man-called-twinkletoes

Didn't know where to post this and found it on the Riders forum. An old article from 1980 about how the Grey Cup got it’s festive nature with the Winnipeg connection. So well written thought it might have some relevance.

thanks a lot! 

From the days when sports writers could actually put together a well written, entertaining column. and those days are gone. our (fans) loss.

"A lot of people have the notion the annual November insanity began in 1948 when the Calgary Stampeders skidded across the ice floes of windswept Varsity Stadium in Toronto and dashed the Ottawa Rough Riders by 12-7. What made that event significant was that the westerners were accompanied by a corralful of cowpokes of at least two genders who paraded on Bay Street, the country’s homburg and briefcase capital. They wore five-gallon hats and 10-gallon hangovers and they flipped flapjacks from covered wagons to the gaping throngs on the sidewalks in the financial canyons."

forgot about this kind of writing.

now.... we get barely literate recitations of stats. 

edit...  . we have exceptional Ed Tait.  old school good.

Edited by Mark F

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I believe it breaks down to the trade deadline lasts till the off season and for those teams the season is over. I want to say I recall the don getting hand slapped for doing some thing like this during gc week.  

Honestly the league should just extend the movement limitation till the week after the gc. No firing hiring extensions etc during gc week. 

I wonder what ham gave up. 

Players can still be dealt after the deadline they just aren’t eligible to play in playoffs.

40 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Somebody go check on that Ballsy dude... he was sure BLM was going to lead the Riders rebuild.

shows his total lack of knowledge about anything....u can never fix an oline in an off-season....it will either cripple your SMS if there were 4 guys available, and there wont be..every difference maker will be locked up before FA....and even if there were a few...It likely makes u change the ratio somehow to accomodate...so ripple affect thru the roster...Fast and cheap american receiver? what about talented....versatile and character guys??...let QB pick the O.C...yeah...ok....what an idiot.....looks like it's Dane for them...if they get lucky...or more Faj as the QB landscape just dried up

Thing is BLM wouldn't have done it for them there any way, as he would have commanded at least 400k plus there...not like they were getting anyone on the cheap to allow them to shore up elsewhere

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

shows his total lack of knowledge about anything....u can never fix an oline in an off-season....it will either cripple your SMS if there were 4 guys available, and there wont be..every difference maker will be locked up before FA....and even if there were a few...It likely makes u change the ratio somehow to accomodate...so ripple affect thru the roster...Fast and cheap american receiver? what about talented....versatile and character guys??...let QB pick the O.C...yeah...ok....what an idiot.....looks like it's Dane for them...if they get lucky...or more Faj as the QB landscape just dried up

Thing is BLM wouldn't have done it for them there any way, as he would have commanded at least 400k plus there...not like they were getting anyone on the cheap to allow them to shore up elsewhere

“Fast receivers” was particularly hilarious.

7 minutes ago, Booch said:

Agreed like fix oline is a singular problem and not 5-7 guys you need to be effective to make your oline work in an effective way over the course of a season. 

Just now, Noeller said:

That's assuming Evans makes them better. Evans going there might be funnier because they'd be as bad or worse. 

O-line has to the top priority for O'Day, irrespective of who's taking the snap.

I'd just love to see them miss out and be stuck with Fine as their QB1.

Evans would not make their team better.

No available guy would, really. They just really need to focus on building through the draft and recruitment and hope someone appears for them once the rest of their roster is built up.

Just now, Noeller said:

What's his contract status? Any interest may be a cow's opinion.... 

He's been with us for two years. I would assume he's going to be a FA, but no idea.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Somebody go check on that Ballsy dude... he was sure BLM was going to lead the Riders rebuild.

Just lock this plan in... it's so easy to turn a team around in the CFL... especially the O-line.... I imagine there's teams lining up to sign him as their GM as we speak!

Edited by bearpants