2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think they're more concerned about paying a guy 400K to sit on the bench. While also forcing Cody to put up or shut up. This BC team is ripe for the picking. They aren't (or shouldn't) going to put up the big O numbers. 25 points might win it.

That makes sense, he is their star, highest paid player and I’d guess they have a 25 foot photo of him in a passing stance on a banner outside the Toilet Bowl. So does making him put up or shut up - hold the guy accountable for his performance.

Edited by Rod Black

12 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

That makes sense, he is their star, highest paid player and I’d guess they have a 25 foot photo of him in a passing stance on a banner outside the Toilet Bowl. So does making him put up or shut up - hold the guy accountable for his performance.

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about Fajardo

5 hours ago, Rod Black said:

If it’s true, it then becomes ironic that Fadarjo complains about his braced knee being targeted. Was there elation and screaming cause he injured a guy or because he sacked the qb? 

I don't think he yelled because he hurt Rourke but because of the sack. Nonetheless, a guy is down on the field so he should've reigned it in. 

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't think he yelled because he hurt Rourke but because of the sack. Nonetheless, a guy is down on the field so he should've reigned it in. 

The SK squad does seem to get over enthusiastic when they make a play. Most sacks in football the guy/team celebrates, briefly, then moves on. Not those dicks. 

4 hours ago, Rod Black said:

7 involve soccer, 5 are Chicago fans, 4 Philly fans, 3 New York fans, and only one Boston fans (and Boston gets an even-up because Milbury “righteously” beat a New York fan with his own shoe). 

I can think of any one of a half dozen Bomber fan incidents (and at least a couple of Jet fan incidents) that could be placed somewhere on this list. Shockingly, almost all involve some form of over indulgence in alcohol. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Roy Shivers & Danny Barrett started the culture we see today over 20 years ago. Shivers always was a loudmouth as a GM. He created this "Us Against Them" mentality with the Rider fans. Barrett as a HC as well. Shivers used to make a big deal about his  skin colour. Shivers proudly used to announce that he only scouted black players. You'd think the **** show Shivers created would have gone away once he left but it didn't & it's still going strong today with that fanbase & team. Guys like Thug Garrett Marino, AC Leonard, Nick Marshall & Pete Robertson screaming with elation on the sidelines as Nathan Rourke lay injured on the Mosaic Stadium turf. It was a clean hit but there he was screaming nonetheless. Never seen a team act as badly as the Riders do. I know a few Rider fans who are getting tired of the circus act. 

I don't know specifically the situation you're talking about... but it sounds more like they were celebrating a sack than celebrating an injury... I know a lot of these guys are classless but there's a good chance they wouldn't have know he was hurt until well after the play... then again... I didn't see it so maybe you're right

19 hours ago, Booch said:

if it isn't...then Reynolds needs to tie can to O'day....Really the day the season ends they both should have can tied to them and get a jump of rebuilding and rebranding there....what a pile o dung...from top to bottom

If I was them I’d can both and go after Ted goveia and jy as dc. Idk who id go after for hc it’s going to be an insane feeding frenzy for hcs in the off season. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

If I was them I’d can both and go after Ted goveia and jy as dc. Idk who id go after for hc it’s going to be an insane feeding frenzy for hcs in the off season. 

I would think of any of the clowns there they would...or should keep Shivers as their DC....maybe even hand the team over to him....I can see players respecting him....CD tho....I think he never ever had much.....Younger I would think if teams were sniffing around would get an additional title added to is position here, and a bump in pay...

1 minute ago, Booch said:

I would think of any of the clowns there they would...or should keep Shivers as their DC....maybe even hand the team over to him....I can see players respecting him....CD tho....I think he never ever had much.....Younger I would think if teams were sniffing around would get an additional title added to is position here, and a bump in pay...

You're making too much sense Booch.....You know that organization doesn't work that way

Just now, Booch said:

Shivers deserves a good job but when you have a toxic heap you gotta cut it out root and stem. Even a good coach needs to go. I don’t believe dicker makes him start the dirty bastard either. He’s gotta take his responsibility too. I could see handing him the reigns mid season and if he turns it around culture wise keep him. But other wise they need to clean house and get that crap locker room sorted. 

22 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Seems like you meant to say something else. I’ll read it as - “fan interaction should be encouraged”, and not brawling. 
Certainly brawling is out of line, maybe even criminal. Don’t kid yourself, up close contact, interaction between players and fans during a game, even with no brawl is very dangerous and holds potential for harm. The league and the P.A. presumably understand the risks. 
If the League and the P.A. agree to a rule, should it not be enforced?  Haven’t heard of the P.A. filing a grievance on Williams behalf. Seems parties with skin in the game understand, but fans are having a tough time with that.

I thought my post was pretty clear that I was not encouraging brawling in the stands. I am most certainly not blaming the CFL for levying a fine for a rule both they, and the CFLPA, have agreed upon. My objection is that I believe that the rule is lame, or at the very least the parameters are layed out poorly. I see no imminent danger to players interacting with their own fans.

Seems like you meant to say something else. I’ll read it as - “fan interaction should be encouraged”, and not brawling. 
Certainly brawling is out of line, maybe even criminal. Don’t kid yourself, up close contact, interaction between players and fans during a game, even with no brawl is very dangerous and holds potential for harm. The league and the P.A. presumably understand the risks. 
If the League and the P.A. agree to a rule, should it not be enforced?  Haven’t heard of the P.A. filing a grievance on Williams behalf. Seems parties with skin in the game understand, but fans are having a tough time with that.

I thought my post was pretty clear that I was not encouraging brawling in the stands. I am most certainly not blaming the CFL for levying a fine for a rule both they, and the CFLPA, have agreed upon. My objection is that I believe that the rule is lame, or at the very least the parameters are layed out poorly. I see no imminent danger to players interacting with their own fans.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

This is not the three-peat we're looking for.

On 2022-08-23 at 2:04 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Roy Shivers & Danny Barrett started the culture we see today over 20 years ago. Shivers always was a loudmouth as a GM. He created this "Us Against Them" mentality with the Rider fans. Barrett as a HC as well. Shivers used to make a big deal about his  skin colour. Shivers proudly used to announce that he only scouted black players. You'd think the **** show Shivers created would have gone away once he left but it didn't & it's still going strong today with that fanbase & team. Guys like Thug Garrett Marino, AC Leonard, Nick Marshall & Pete Robertson screaming with elation on the sidelines as Nathan Rourke lay injured on the Mosaic Stadium turf. It was a clean hit but there he was screaming nonetheless. Never seen a team act as badly as the Riders do. I know a few Rider fans who are getting tired of the circus act. 

I am glad some one else sees it they way I do. Shivers was an angry old cuss with a bad attitude and didn't care about the quality of character so long as the guy could play football.  Big reason why the fans are the way they are too (since they all jumped on the bandwagon in that era). 

On 2022-08-23 at 3:04 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Absolutely goes back to Shivers.

I don’t agree with any of your issues with his skin colour comments, but he was a mouthy *******. 

Edited by Geebrr