2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

Just now, Noeller said:

It's pretty awful in theory but let's wait for details. I mean he's maybe 30 and what if "teenager" is 19?

He isn’t getting criminal charges for that dude. 

I’d bet this is sub 16

Montreal Alouettes’ fullback Christophe Normand is facing two summary charges of luring a minor for sexual purposes

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He isn’t getting criminal charges for that dude. 

I’d bet this is sub 16

Montreal Alouettes’ fullback Christophe Normand is facing two summary charges of luring a minor for sexual purposes

Fair enough... Just saying the headline looks bad.... But it may very well be truly awful. 

Just now, Noeller said:

Fair enough... Just saying the headline looks bad.... But it may very well be truly awful. 

The charge is specifically "communicating electronically with a person under the age of 16 for the purposes of facilitating an offence of a sexual nature against them" with a crude translation but 16 is accurate translation.

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If the minor presented as 18 or over, there would be no charge. There has to be an explicit understanding that the individual is a minor, and Normand was probably catfished.

havnt read any articles...was he actually charged and convicted. or is this just an allegation at the moment?...not defending him....just dont know the specifics other than what has been mentioned here

34 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Anyone know why he decided to hang ‘em up mid season? And I wonder why the Bombers didn’t make any announcements regarding this at the game last night. He’s from Winnipeg and would have been a nice gesture. Unless they did and I was just caught up in the game and missed it lol. 

Illness would be the logical answer.

57 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He was charged - not convicted yet. This happened August 9th.

If he was charged they have the evidence they need. If the person said they were 18 they aren’t going to lay charges. The Crown has to prove that he knew what he was doing, and unfortunately I’m sure they can. 

I expect they'd lay charges if it was a complaint from a parent who discovered the interaction and no clear evidence on his knowledge of the minors age in the texts (i.e. no smoking gun on the minor lying or the person charged knowing).  Especially if the minor's appearance wasn't particularly misleading (i.e. it wasn't obvious someone could mistake them for an adult).

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Anyone know why he decided to hang ‘em up mid season? And I wonder why the Bombers didn’t make any announcements regarding this at the game last night. He’s from Winnipeg and would have been a nice gesture. Unless they did and I was just caught up in the game and missed it lol. 

They go from 5 to 4 reffing crews after this week of the season.  Bradbury will be working in Command Centre and ref development.

16 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They go from 5 to 4 reffing crews after this week of the season.  Bradbury will be working in Command Centre and ref development.

I did not know that they dropped the number of reffing crews.  Do you know why they do this?