2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

1 hour ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Anyone know why he decided to hang ‘em up mid season? And I wonder why the Bombers didn’t make any announcements regarding this at the game last night. He’s from Winnipeg and would have been a nice gesture. Unless they did and I was just caught up in the game and missed it lol. 

On the broadcast they said he also just retired from his regular day job.  Maybe he's going on vacation?

30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

On the broadcast they said he also just retired from his regular day job.  Maybe he's going on vacation?

Unless he had a third career going, I'm not sure how accurate that is.  He had a long career with the WPS that he retired from a couple years ago, just in time for Covid to hit.

https://www.cfl.ca/2020/04/12/oleary-cfl-ref-al-bradbury-wife-martha-share-covid-19-experience/

12 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Unless he had a third career going, I'm not sure how accurate that is.  He had a long career with the WPS that he retired from a couple years ago, just in time for Covid to hit.

https://www.cfl.ca/2020/04/12/oleary-cfl-ref-al-bradbury-wife-martha-share-covid-19-experience/

Maybe I misheard,  they definitely did bring up his other job and retiring from it and thanking him for his service.   I was under the impression that he had retired recently.   It is also possible that he returned as a temp as many officers do this both in WPS/RCMP to double dip and get an extra nest egg going.  

Edited by Brandon

22 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Maybe I misheard,  they definitely did bring up his other job and retiring from it and thanking him for his service.   I was under the impression that he had retired recently.   It is also possible that he returned as a temp as many officers do this both in WPS/RCMP to double dip and get an extra nest egg going.  

Happens in government too... I know more than a few people who have retired, only to be rehired as a "consultant" for more money & less hours. 

9 hours ago, bustamente said:

Life without Rourke wont be pleasant for the Lions from what I saw tonight

Like many teams,BC looks very average without their star qb. Their defense is going to be a very tired bunch,I expect BC at the end of the season to be sitting around 11-7 at best.

Yeah...weird eh...in our game if Houston doesn't blow a tire there...that pass may not have been completed...and if it was he would have brought him down...only reason he got free behind him was when the injury happened when he flipped his hips.

If he is out a game...do we bring back Glass for depth?...is Darby on the 1 game..or PR'd...I'd bet he would jump at chance to come back here if we plucked him...or Walter's shoukd offer a pick...or a neg list guy for him...he'd be a huge pickup and a seamless plug in immediately player

Edited by Booch

On 2022-08-26 at 12:17 PM, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Anyone know why he decided to hang ‘em up mid season? And I wonder why the Bombers didn’t make any announcements regarding this at the game last night. He’s from Winnipeg and would have been a nice gesture. Unless they did and I was just caught up in the game and missed it lol. 

He's still working, just not on the field anymore.

Working with the command centre and training for now on.

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Yeah...weird eh...in our game if Houston doesn't blow a tire there...that pass may not have been completed...and if it was he would have brought him down...only reason he got free behind him was when the injury happened when he flipped his hips.

If he is out a game...do we bring back Glass for depth?...is Darby on the 1 game..or PR'd...I'd bet he would jump at chance to come back here if we plucked him...or Walter's shoukd offer a pick...or a neg list guy for him...he'd be a huge pickup and a seamless plug in immediately player

1 game. 
worth a conditional mid pick imo. But with the nfl cuts coming up we can probably get a good db that can play for cheap. But darbys versatility and experience here would be great. I’d love to see him at s and flip the ratio at wil 

Just now, wbbfan said:

1 game. 
worth a conditional mid pick imo. But with the nfl cuts coming up we can probably get a good db that can play for cheap. But darbys versatility and experience here would be great. I’d love to see him at s and flip the ratio at wil 

I'd put him at SAM.  Figure out where the rookies fit after that.

We dont even have to flip ratio tho with import safety...I'd like to see us bring in a stud Will...tho I bet in 3 to 4 weeks we see Wilson anyway...but Darby back would be huge...can play all db spots and well...not sure why he fell out of favour in the Hammer

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'd put him at SAM.  Figure out where the rookies fit after that.

Rutz would make a lethal safety...but I have no issues with his role at sam