2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Toews wishes he could be 1/10th the player that the Great Bobby Clarke was.

Are you suggesting that they gave Neilson cancer?

Obviously not. I'm saying that Bobby Clarke's comment, "Roger got cancer - that wasn't our fault. We didn't tell him to go get cancer". Is about the shittiest thing a human being can say and that makes Clarke a POS

21 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Are Rider fans denying that he skipped the test, or just not bringing it up when they rip on Harris? Because I thought that was your complaint, and I don’t surf Riderfans so I would not know. 

Brushed under the rug and forgotten about like a big nothing burger

32 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Obviously not. I'm saying that Bobby Clarke's comment, "Roger got cancer - that wasn't our fault. We didn't tell him to go get cancer". Is about the shittiest thing a human being can say and that makes Clarke a POS

Nah, Bobby Clarke was a straight shooter, he wouldn't be accepted now because the truth sometimes hurts feelings.

Edited by Fatty Liver

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

This kerfuffle seems to be based on a 3D Nation article, has the league actually specified the reason for the fine?  I think separating players from fans has more to do with the CFL's Covid protocol than the incident in T.O. last season, and I don't recall any Bomber player physically entering the stands this season or last, like they did in 2019.

I know nobody wants to rehash the topic but a Rider/Argo game was re-scheduled less than a month ago due to a Covid outbreak, so it's still a thing.

Fair point. Maybe it was the eating factor. Not that Davis jumping into the stands wouldn’t expose him. 

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

Brushed under the rug and forgotten about like a big nothing burger

Same thing here for Harris for some. Made excuses and rationalizations, “tainted supplement”, “useless old type of drug”, outrage that he was not up for awards rather than outrage that he broke the rules, then not brought up again until he left. But trot out “PED Leonard” at the drop of a hat. Like I said, typical of any fan base if it is their player, not just unique Riderfans denial. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

5 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Same thing here for Harris for some. Made excuses and rationalizations, “tainted supplement”, “useless old type of drug”, outrage that he was not up for awards rather than outrage that he broke the rules, then not brought up again until he left. But trot out “PED Leonard” at the drop of a hat. Like I said, typical of any fan base if it is their player, not just unique Riderfans denial. 

In all honesty...what showed up as trace was an old school oral that I dont think u can even get anymore...also one which an athlete would never use in season...especially a skilled position guy..so there is that

12 hours ago, Wideleft said:

I said whiny.  Crosby is the whiny/dirty.

Bobby Clarke is still one of my favourite players.  He knew he was dirty and he didn't whine about everything.

No one would touch Clarke because of guys like Dave Schultz, Don Saleski, Bob Kelly, Gary Dornhoefer, Andre Dupont & Jack McIlhargey. With those guys Clarke was suddenly 4 inches taller & 30 lbs heavier when he stepped on the ice. 

8 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

Canada probably only made $40k at that time lol and if it was for the pulling the flag out of the refs pocket that was fawking amazing. 

I remember that!

That was the best! Probably would be suspended for that now.