2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Al, you're our resident Stamps guy around here... What do you know about O'Connor? Can he pick up where Rourke left off? 

O'Connor has a strong arm & he's a tall lanky qb. He can run but not like Rourke. I can't see him making some of the throws Rourke did but he has motivated receivers who will work hard to get open for him. He won't be putting up the numbers Rourke did but I could see him throwing for 200-250 yard a game. I think teams will blitz the **** out of him trying to rough him up.

That OL benefitted from Rourke's ability to get away from pressure & throw laser beam accurate passes. O'Connor can't do that. If the Lions go 50% the rest of the way they'll be hosting the Western Semi Final. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

They saying that as of now. If its solely a ratio reason then sure...but if it's not.. it will eventually be Pipkin I bet

Don't think ratio would be the case as QBs are non-counters aren't they?

O'Conor can make most throws...but has no elusiveness, and no threat to kill you around the edge, also he isn't even close to Rourke at processing , and reading, and Rourke was still learning too...he was just being pin point on his first read and hot routes, and had ability to scramble away to ake the deep shot when a receiver got in behind someone....so BC is going to look way different now, and possibly flounder a bit....and I know they "claim" O'Connor is the guy moving forward, but the switch to Pipkin is just a matter of time. Their defense is going to have to be lights out now, and I dont think they have the horses to do that...especially with now prob being on the field more, and not having a 3 score cushion to work behind

Any chance Reilly comes out of retirement for the play off run?

Maybe Strev comes back to the CFL if he gets cut?   

I don't think this is the end of the Lions but it definitely is a major blow.  Next weeks game against Saskatchewan may answer a lot of the questions on O'Connor/Pipkin. 

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't think this is the end of the Lions but it definitely is a major blow.  Next weeks game against Saskatchewan may answer a lot of the questions on O'Connor/Pipkin. 

Reilly won't come back.  Even if he did, do you think he'd play for Rourke's pro-rated 65K for the rest of the season?  How would the Lion's manage that cap mess?

1 minute ago, Wideleft said:

Reilly won't come back.  Even if he did, do you think he'd play for Rourke's pro-rated 65K for the rest of the season?  How would the Lion's manage that cap mess?

It’s not like he’s sitting by the pool either. He has a firefighting career he’s pursuing. 
A career that pays 50% more than Rourke is making. 

If anything that may help them...Hickson is the better true back...every down type....and with reps would get even better...Morrow is not a true every down back....and doesn't wow me one bit...heck he barely ahead of BO now and he did nothing for 2/3 of his season.....and Duke is just trash, not a difference maker...out of shape and injury prone and sucking up more than we paying Schoen and Ellingson combined...which is soooo funny

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Couldn't get two more different QBs in playing style as well as strengths. Pipkin has all the tools but appears to be highly resistant to coaching.

2 hours ago, Booch said:

If anything that may help them...Hickson is the better true back...every down type....and with reps would get even better...Morrow is not a true every down back....and doesn't wow me one bit...heck he barely ahead of BO now and he did nothing for 2/3 of his season.....and Duke is just trash, not a difference maker...out of shape and injury prone and sucking up more than we paying Schoen and Ellingson combined...which is soooo funny

Watching Duke drag his arse around for the type of money he's grafting off of the riders is hilarious for sure....I don't know why they don't sit him on the 6 game, to ease the cash pain is plain dumb,,,but fits the rider narrative of stupidity

15 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Back to high school O’Connor is what the NCAA types dub a “pro-style” QB meaning he has limited mobility.

It’ll certainly be an adjustment for that offense.  Rourke is a 4.7 40 guy, O’Connor is a 5.2 40 guy.  He won’t be running by any DL.

Aka dead man walking behind that ol. 

16 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Back to high school O’Connor is what the NCAA types dub a “pro-style” QB meaning he has limited mobility.

It’ll certainly be an adjustment for that offense.  Rourke is a 4.7 40 guy, O’Connor is a 5.2 40 guy.  He won’t be running by any DL.

Fear of death and/or dismemberment can be a great motivator.