2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News

Noeller

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The BC Lions just announced that Nathan Rourke will undergo surgery for a Lisfranc sprain. Recovery is usually 6-8 weeks but with surgery, it could take from 5-8 months to heal. That's me looking it up on Google as \i've never heard of a Lisfranc sprain.

Bombers just wrapped up first place, no challengers anywhere in sight.

https://www.bclions.com/2022/08/21/nathan-rourke-to-have-surgery-for-linsfranc-sprain/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Lions putting on a brave face with that news release.... Probably season ending. I won't dare gloat or say that we've got first place locked up. We all know what could happen if.... Don't even want to think about it. Especially with B2B games against the Riders & that POS Garrett Marino,

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

This njury likely keeps him in the CFL next year tho so there's your silver lining 

I was thinking the same thing, Even though he still has a year left on his $70,000 rookie deal, they better pay him or Rourke's agent better tell the Lions to eff off. No way should he play for peanuts. Imagine the PR nightmare if he held out at training camp. The new owner who is so concerned about public perception of the Lions would have a conniption. Of course, that will absolutely let the dominos loose & blow up the Lions salary cap structure but they put themselves in that predicament. They knew it couldn't last the way it was, although I don't think they anticipated Rourke playing at the level he was. 

4 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

How did it happen? Missed it.

He was sacked & his foot twisted awkwardly. 

26 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

It’s that kind of arrogance that cost us the 2001 Grey Cup. And the way our o-line has been playing lately, Collaros and his sensitive skull are hardly bulletproof. I’ll wait until November 20 at 10:00 pm to do a victory lap. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

It’s that kind of arrogance that cost us the 2001 Grey Cup. And the way our o-line has been playing lately, Collaros and his sensitive skull are hardly bulletproof. I’ll wait until November 20 at 10:00 pm to do a victory lap. 

I'll bet you $100 they come in first, not going to make the same bet on them winning the Cup.

10 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was thinking the same thing, Even though he still has a year left on his $70,000 rookie deal, they better pay him or Rourke's agent better tell the Lions to eff off. No way should he play for peanuts. Imagine the PR nightmare if he held out at training camp. The new owner who is so concerned about public perception of the Lions would have a conniption. Of course, that will absolutely let the dominos loose & blow up the Lions salary cap structure but they put themselves in that predicament. They knew it couldn't last the way it was, although I don't think they anticipated Rourke playing at the level he was. 

He was sacked & his foot twisted awkwardly. 

I truly doubt the Lions will have that problem next year.  They'll be looking for a QB.

Rourke will be in the NFL for at least a couple seasons.  This injury doesn't change that.  If anything the timing helps as opposed to him getting dinged in October or in playoffs.

One thing I couldn't help but thinking when the injury happened was how lackadaisical Campbell has been at pulling Rourke and/or shutting down the drop back passing game when the Lions had big leads this year.  Got burned big time now.

Man that is shifty news. As much as I love the Bombers it was good seeing some parity in the league. Not saying that can't be the case still, but Rourke was a game changer for the league.

Kid was putting up otherwordly numbers and I would have liked to see the finish. Still. He is a young man and hopefully this is just a speed bump 

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I truly doubt the Lions will have that problem next year.  They'll be looking for a QB.

Rourke will be in the NFL for at least a couple seasons.  This injury doesn't change that.  If anything the timing helps as opposed to him getting dinged in October or in playoffs.

One thing I couldn't help but thinking when the injury happened was how lackadaisical Campbell has been at pulling Rourke and/or shutting down the drop back passing game when the Lions had big leads this year.  Got burned big time now.

i wonder if Anthony Calvillo would have the stats he has if he didn't play nearly every down of every game whether the Als had a big lead or not? Marc Trestman let him pile up the passing stats season after season. 

34 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Sure looks like it, but they better keep Collaros in bubble wrap. Realistically, he is the last standing premier quarterback in the league. Also really sucks for Rourke, the Lions and the owner who has made a great start in returning the Lions to respectability. Guess he won't be auditioning in the NFL this winter.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

yeah, he was still playing with five minutes left in the laugher against the Elks.  I was wondering what Campbell was doing with his prize kid there.

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

That data doesn't make it look good but it's at least 12 years out of date. They significantly reduced the recovery time for many procedures, I wonder if this is one of them? 

The foot has 26 bones. Mostly small & hundreds of thousands of nerve endings. They're needed because we use our feet for balance & we need receptors to tell us if something is hard, slippery, wet, sharp, hot or cold. This makes the foot very sensitive after surgery.

Whenever surgery is done on the foot, recovery is slow. Not only because the bones need to heal but the nerves damaged in that surgery need to regenerate & heal. That takes months because it is a slow process. some nerves will come back but others may never be the same.

Surgical procedures have changed but healing time hasn't. Rourke will have the best doctors, surgeons & physiotherapists taking care of him so he should heal a little quicker than you & I. It'll still take months. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Forgot to mention, the other problem is swelling. Some people recover quicker from swelling while others don't & it affects recovery time. That can be very frustrating. Trust me, I've had foot surgery a number of times & every time something different always occurs while recovering. You just never know. None of my surgeries took less than 6 months to heal.