Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

6 hours ago, DanoT said:

I like nicknames so that is the only thing about Black that I like, although admittedly only about 1 in 10 that he comes up with are any good.

I think this may be the closest thing to a compliment Rod Black has ever received on this board.  Moderator, is this allowed?

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

who was hamilton planning on using as their RB? White to me has always seemed like a good back. 

Presumably Alex Green. Could have been hurt in MTL game but didnt appear to be. I dont know what the plan is here.

Half expecting Bagg to sign here too

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

TSN needs way less Derek Taylor.  Get a coach on the panel/broadcast again.

Similar to Rod Black, unlike Black, not born here but certainly where he spent a long ass time of his life. The shame.. 13 years in Peg City... Shame. Thats the real Deets. 

Edited by Goalie

23 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Sask media babbling about Chris Jones' brilliance in not announcing his starting QB to the media... because he wanted to keep Toronto off balance.  

Ugh - its not even Game One.

Jones, the ultimate strategist, has spent all of pre season evaluating players and almost no game time getting his QBs and starters playing together.

Rest assured that Trestman will have his D well prepared for the different styles of both Rider QBs.

35 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Sask media babbling about Chris Jones' brilliance in not announcing his starting QB to the media... because he wanted to keep Toronto off balance.  

Ugh - its not even Game One.

Jones is just making fun of the media I think.  They stand there at practice and watch Collaros take all the first team reps and then ask him who is starting. I think that's the reason he won't answer, because of how stupid they are to ask

11 minutes ago, DanoT said:

Jones, the ultimate strategist, has spent all of pre season evaluating players and almost no game time getting his QBs and starters playing together.

Rest assured that Trestman will have his D well prepared for the different styles of both Rider QBs.

are Bridge and Collaros all that different anyway? Both guys are more dangerous outside the pocket than in the pocket. It's totally different than last season when Glenn and Bridge actually were very different and they did catch some teams napping on the job making that switch. Don't envision that working this year. 

15 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I see cfl.ca is in mid-season clueless form with their asinine power rankings to start the season. Rider 4th overall, Bombers 7th overall. LMFAO.

Serious question.  Where do you think the Bombers should be ranked with Nichols out and no experienced back up qb's?

Just now, Ripper said:

Serious question.  Where do you think the Bombers should be ranked with Nichols out and no experienced back up qb's?

Ahead of the Riders who have much less depth, a poor O-line, and not much Canadian talent. 

Both teams have huge question marks at QB.