Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

1 hour ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

TSN has released their Top 50 CFL players:

https://www.tsn.ca/reilly-reclaims-top-spot-in-cfl-on-tsn-top-50-players-1.1109941

Well done Bombers!

edit: BTW, one of the Riders guys is Travis Bond (@ #46). But they cut him 😲  so really they only have seven players on the list.

Can the Riders even count 7? Carter is #8 on the list as a WR, has he taken any offense snaps in the preseason? I'm pretty sure he's not on the top 50 list if he plays DB all season...

1 minute ago, 17to85 said:

TSN has decided that they need some "personalities" among players to sell the league, plus this lets them kiss the asses of Rider fans which they inexplicably seem to think they need to do. 

TSN has really gone downhill the last decade, just full on over hyping nonsense. 

TSN's future panel will consist of Willis, Carter and Simoni Lawrence and they won't be following a script.

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

And you're reason for trusting Jones is what now?

I actually don't care either way.  I spend a lot more time being critical of Jones than I do defending him.  In this case it was reported that negotiations broke down with Chick and Dressler's agents, no trade could be made and they were released.  Believe what you want, doesn't change anything.  If you feel better about Dressler being on your team by believing we didn't offer him a contract, great.  We have a awesome receiving core, we haven't missed him.  This is old news 

8 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I actually don't care either way.  I spend a lot more time being critical of Jones than I do defending him.  In this case it was reported that negotiations broke down with Chick and Dressler's agents, no trade could be made and they were released.  Believe what you want, doesn't change anything.  If you feel better about Dressler being on your team by believing we didn't offer him a contract, great.  We have a awesome receiving core, we haven't missed him.  This is old news 

I don't feel any different either way about my team.  It's just that I don't trust Jones as a human being.  

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

I don't feel any different either way about my team.  It's just that I don't trust Jones as a human being.  

I am not his biggest fan. I want to win the cup. I expect him to do that or we will fire him. I don't live with him or have anything to do with him, so me trusting him or not trusting him is not relevant to whether or not he can deliver a cup to Regina. I didn't trust Taman either, but he got the job done so I am grateful to him for that..

spotted on mbb twitter feed

"

Fast forward to 2018 and Partipilo is now part of Rider Nation; he’s entering his first CFL season as the Roughriders’ chief brand officer.

“My goals and ambitions are to continue to raise the bar for this organization,” says Partipilo, who was born and raised in the Greater Toronto Area.

“I believe it’s on a very solid foundation. It has a lot of highly intelligent, capable and passionate people who work here. It has an incredibly strong, solid fan base. All of that bodes well for the solid foundation you want to build for a team that would have national resonance and international respect.

“I want to show the world this team.”

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I would rather listen to Black than Suitor to be completely honest. 

Listening to either is like choosing between a kick to the junk or a punch to the junk; both are equally lousy and painful.

However, at least Suitor has solid knowledge and insight on the game. Black is just an all-around nuisance who spends more time babbling like an idiot and coming up with some of the dumbest nick names ever.

"Mr. Hall of Fame" "Mr. Milestone" "Mr. YAC"

10 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Listening to either is like choosing between a kick to the junk or a punch to the junk; both are equally lousy and painful.

However, at least Suitor has solid knowledge and insight on the game. Black is just an all-around nuisance who spends more time babbling like an idiot and coming up with some of the dumbest nick names ever.

"Mr. Hall of Fame" "Mr. Milestone" "Mr. YAC"

I like nicknames so that is the only thing about Black that I like, although admittedly only about 1 in 10 that he comes up with are any good.