Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

14 minutes ago, bluto said:

Tough beat last night guys.

We'll try to hang an L on the Riders for you tonight.

KBF: sorry I couldn't make it downtown last night (when you called, I was riding through Port Perry), but if I had made it down we'd have been hammered from drinking while waiting for the game... then your meetings would have been a s-show today and you'd have had a snoring Argo fan on your hotel room couch...

Craigslist missed connections is that way —->

👁‍🗨Yes, apparently, Gale approached the Bombers and showed them his CFL card. He has 5 holes punched in that card, and would the Bombers mind making them his 6th team?

Walters and LaPo, always accommodating, granted his request, and he now has joined 6 Teams in the CFL.

That card we are talking about is becoming known as the Glenn Card (GC for short) and is accepted in all CFL cities. Truly an honour to have one of these GCs, and nobody can say different.

G.P.     Comp.      Att.       Yds.     TD    Int.    Aver.

13.       88.       158    1050.     4     3.     6.6

Bombers need a QB on the active roster that actually has some CFL experience and Gale fits the bill, having played in several different offensive systems. Too bad for the Bombers that they didn't sign him once Durant retired so he could have attended TC.

37 minutes ago, DanoT said:

Bombers need a QB on the active roster that actually has some CFL experience and Gale fits the bill, having played in several different offensive systems. Too bad for the Bombers that they didn't sign him once Durant retired so he could have attended TC.

They didn't sign him then because he was no where near better than Durant. Its funny what starts looking good when you are desperate

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

God what a season for Alex Ross eh? Guy has an opportunity to be a week one starter but loses out then gets hurt on the one play he actually gets to run which was a clusterfuck of a play to start with. 

Some guys must be just cursed. 

It seems some teams are likewise.....Not mentioning which team... but Cup drought is the clue

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

They didn't sign him then because he was no where near better than Durant. Its funny what starts looking good when you are desperate

Well, my point is that Bombers should have been more desperate for a CFL experienced backup once Durant retired instead of only trying to do something after Nichols got injured. I never inferred that Gale was better than Durant.

Edit: Actually Bombers didn't do anything re: a CFL experienced backup until 3rd string QB Ross got injured so it took 2 injured QBs to actually do anything...weird.

Edited by DanoT

1 hour ago, DanoT said:

Well, my point is that Bombers should have been more desperate for a CFL experienced backup once Durant retired instead of only trying to do something after Nichols got injured. I never inferred that Gale was better than Durant.

Edit: Actually Bombers didn't do anything re: a CFL experienced backup until 3rd string QB Ross got injured so it took 2 injured QBs to actually do anything...weird.

Not that weird.  The issue then and now was the availability of experienced veteran QBs.  Does Gale really offer that much more than Alex Ross?  I'm not so sure.

Gale has a start and a win on his resume, so he's got a tiny edge over Ross there ... though you could say the same of the Fever (actually, several starts and wins for him)

Weird thing about Gale is how many teams have moved on from him, in a league starved for backup QBs.

Edited by johnzo

6 hours ago, Zontar said:

Delvin Breaux returns to HAM. A big boost, hopefully, to a green secondary

Interesting but he hasn't played in awhile.  I am curious to see what kind of shape he's in because he was a stud last time he was in Hamilton.

Travis Bond signs with Edmonton:

Edmonton's O-Line in the last few years has converted so many of other teams' O-line discards into top notch starters .... But I don't know how Bond can be any more of an all star than he already is ... this might be the move that gets Edmonton past Calgary this year ... imagine that, an all star that nobody wanted - - except Edmonton

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah Bond to Edmonton is terrifying. OL was the weak part of their offense.

I can't believe how ridiculous the Rider propaganda machine is.  According to their fans, Bond looked great and everyone had him written into the lineup in ink.  But as soon as he gets cut, well he showed up out of shape and looked awful.  They are so pathetic over there.