Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Seems like a fairly inappropriate sound track to post with your resume, call me a fuddy but I don't gets it.

See that alot in these highlights. I usually play em muted. Idk if he was behind it but yeah. I dont get it either.

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

studs. randle has better production at the NFL level then a fist full of our prospects in camp had in college. Crazy deep with talent this year. Is it like this for every team i wonder. 

Reminds me of the Michael Sims-Walker signing back in the day. Hopefully Randle can be just as good but stick around longer than one game!

2 minutes ago, Yourface said:

Reminds me of the Michael Sims-Walker signing back in the day. Hopefully Randle can be just as good but stick around longer than one game!

man that guy was a human cheat code. if he coulda stayed healthy he would have been a mega star. 

Kenbrell Thompkins is a cousin of Antonio Brown of the Steelers.  Arrested 7 times between ages of 15 - 18.  Seems he finally got his life on the right track, after getting sent to a military-like bootcamp. 

Then got a scholarship at U of Tennessee.  Dude didn't start football until 19 and has caught a (real) TD pass from Tom Brady.  Great story!

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-vs-patriots-news-and-updates-heading-into-week-9/2013/10/31/5050438/patriots-kenbrell-thompkins-cousin-steelers-antonio-brown-nfl-week-9

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

See that alot in these highlights. I usually play em muted. Idk if he was behind it but yeah. I dont get it either.

I just thought it was a good series of clips of a guy that had signed with the bombers.  I had nothing to do with the choice in soundtrack.  I figured if somebody didn’t like it they can just turn off the volume.  

I was a teenager when I started ourbombers and my dad is a minister who visited the site. I guess I felt a pressure to keep things pg.  I pressure I no longer feel at a 36 year old.

Edited by Colin Unger

16 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I just thought it was a good series of clips of a guy that had signed with the bombers.  I had nothing to do with the choice in soundtrack.  I figured if somebody didn’t like it they can just turn off the volume.  

I was a teenager when I started ourbombers and my dad is a minister who visited the site. I guess I felt a pressure to keep things pg.  I pressure I no longer feel at a 36 year old.

Can you get Shankman to make an account here so we can all roast him for a day? 

On 2018-05-22 at 4:28 PM, Jimmy Pop said:

Kenbrell Thompkins is a cousin of Antonio Brown of the Steelers.  Arrested 7 times between ages of 15 - 18.  Seems he finally got his life on the right track, after getting sent to a military-like bootcamp. 

Then got a scholarship at U of Tennessee.  Dude didn't start football until 19 and has caught a (real) TD pass from Tom Brady.  Great story!

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/steelers-vs-patriots-news-and-updates-heading-into-week-9/2013/10/31/5050438/patriots-kenbrell-thompkins-cousin-steelers-antonio-brown-nfl-week-9

Wow, that is a hell of a story. Good for him, i have no doubt he has turned it around if he is here. 

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Never underestimate the importance of a Jake Thomas type player for our BB on and off the field . :)

Thats the truth. 

14 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The Bighill signing is absolutely outstanding! What better way to move on from the Douchebag Doubles fiasco than to pick up an elite, experienced MLB and all-around class act in Adam Bighill. Hands down the biggest acquisition of the off-season.

I love that the media is obsessed with the Johnny Manziel signing... meanwhile, we quietly went ahead a signed, quite possibly, the best FA on the market and no one seems to notice... I like when everyone sleeps on the Bombers!

People want to know how I came to be a Winnipeg Blue Bomber.

Good question.

It all came together extremely fast and there are a few reasons I’m heading there, with timing and the salary-cap constraints being two of the biggest.

But before we get to all that, I’d like to start with how Coach O’Shea and I built a relationship based on mutual respect.

Back in my rookie year in 2011, I was playing on special teams in B.C. and after a game, he came up to me, shook my hand and told me he had watched me on film throughout the season. And then he said, ‘I really respect how you play the game. I think you’re a great football player.’

I was just a rookie trying to show I could dominate and start my own legacy in the CFL and here’s a guy from the opposing team that comes up and tells me that. Our relationship started right then and there. As my career progressed over the course of my years in BC, every time we played each other we always made time to say hello.

Just the other night, I spoke to him for a good 35 minutes on the phone. We had a great conversation catching up, and you could still feel the level of respect we have for each other – even though we haven’t spoken in over a year.

BC Lions’ Adam Bighill looks o from the sidelines during the first half of CFL action in Vancouver, B.C., on Friday, September 9, 2016. Lions won 38-27. (CFL PHOTO Ð Chad Hipolito)

That respect was there from Day 1, and it made it an easy decision for me to want to play for a guy like Mike O’Shea because we’ve understood each other for a long time now. It’s kind of a unique story of how that started. He’s a straight-up guy.

From Adam Bighill: https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/05/24/words-adam-bighill/

A great read.