Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

I remember when Cal Murphy raped Al Ford in October of 1983 when he traded qb Nicky Hall to the Riders for qb John Hufnagel. We went from Dieter Brock & Nicky Hall at the start of the season to Brock being traded to Hamilton in late August for Tom Clements & then we had Huff as a quality veteran backup.  All of a sudden we had two of the best qbs in the CFL playing for us. I think the Hufnagel trade must've been done at the trade deadline as it happened in October as I recall.

11 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I remember when Cal Murphy raped Al Ford in October of 1983 when he traded qb Nicky Hall to the Riders for qb John Hufnagel. We went from Dieter Brock & Nicky Hall at the start of the season to Brock being traded to Hamilton in late August for Tom Clements & then we had Huff as a quality veteran backup.  All of a sudden we had two of the best qbs in the CFL playing for us. I think the Hufnagel trade must've been done at the trade deadline as it happened in October as I recall.

Draft Day kind of thing

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

You wouldn't want Wall, he is a dumb rider fan.

Sometimes you have a good player on a bad team.  For the record, Wall is the best premier in the country.  (note* not enough time to evaluate Pallister yet).   The worst:  Wynne, but Notley is in the hunt.

2 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The best part of that Facebook post was all the crazies taking it seriously. I'm no Pallister fan, but this is objectively funny.

Yep, it's pretty cheeky and completely harmless. It's actually reassuring to know that someone somewhere in the PC party has a sense of humor.

Wasn't sure of the best place to mention this, and I don't know what people think of Nic Demski these days, but he was on H&L this morning. He acknowledges that he's under contract to the Rider's, and since the Bomber's are rivals he always hopes they lose, but he did seem to emphasize that he's under contract for now. He also seemed like he would be quite open to playing for the Bomber's. Maybe a convenient ill-timed fumble in the banjo bowl that results in a Bomber touchdown and a couple key drops - purely unintentional of course - might expedite his departure out of Regina? Probably reading too much into it, but here is the interview:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/winnipeg-1290/demski-no-love-lost-for-hometown-bombers-1.562759 

I'm always a fan of bringing Bisons on board the WBB, but I haven't seen Demski do a LOT this year (I know, I know....Riders is ****...) Last year I really thought he showed promise in limited reps, but this year he didn't really seem to take that next step. Is he still a guy the WBB should be over-the-moon for?

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I'm always a fan of bringing Bisons on board the WBB, but I haven't seen Demski do a LOT this year (I know, I know....Riders is ****...) Last year I really thought he showed promise in limited reps, but this year he didn't really seem to take that next step. Is he still a guy the WBB should be over-the-moon for?

I have been disappointed with his play this year. Had high hopes for him. Too much dancing around after he gets the ball, needs to commit and go on punt returns. He has been better as a receiver but was NOT impressed when he chickened out on the pass from Durant against Edmonton with the game on the line. He has to step in there and try to catch that ball and take the hit. He sort of alligator armed it. He isn't a rookie anymore and if he wants a increased role he needs to show more. He is still young and I hope it works out for him.

With the Bombers only starting one NI receiver I don't see the need for Demski.  Sure, bring him in if they can get him at a bargain price but don't over spend for potential.  If he was smart and was looking for the best deal he should re-sign with the Riders as he'll have better chance at being on the starting roster for the foreseeable future.