Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

We have guys like JFG and Richards on the roster. Demski is a clear upgrade.

It sure looks like Richards is not going onto the starting team anytime soon, and JFG is languishing, so perhaps a trade for Demski is not out of the question. There were those who said that the signing of Andrew Harris was no big deal, but he has been nothing short of great so far this season.

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Well, the question - and it's a legitimate one - is, how much potential? 

Kind of depends what the expectations are and what kind of role he's given IMO.  I think as a receiver he tops out as a Anthony Parker type.  Useful but just a touch above average.  He's not a guy who is going to be able to get open in a bunch of different ways, he's just not that much of a technician.  Demski became a "receiver" because the Bisons had 3 guys who were CFL quality players at tailback and they just needed to have him on the field all the time.  He was so physically dominant at that level that he barely had to learn the position, he could run by and through everyone.  He's the kind of guy you need to find ways to get the ball.  He can play a huge role but it has to be crafted for him, he's not a conventional receiver.  I'd use him as a guy who is more of an H-Back type, but with some carries too.  He can block, he can play football, he'll be useful on special teams.

5 minutes ago, tracker said:

It sure looks like Richards is not going onto the starting team anytime soon, and JFG is languishing, so perhaps a trade for Demski is not out of the question. There were those who said that the signing of Andrew Harris was no big deal, but he has been nothing short of great so far this season.

Just wait until February.  Demski has no role in Regina.  They are literally pushing him off that team right into Walters lap.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Kind of depends what the expectations are and what kind of role he's given IMO.  I think as a receiver he tops out as a Anthony Parker type.  Useful but just a touch above average.  He's not a guy who is going to be able to get open in a bunch of different ways, he's just not that much of a technician.  Demski became a "receiver" because the Bisons had 3 guys who were CFL quality players at tailback and they just needed to have him on the field all the time.  He was so physically dominant at that level that he barely had to learn the position, he could run by and through everyone.  He's the kind of guy you need to find ways to get the ball.  He can play a huge role but it has to be crafted for him, he's not a conventional receiver.  I'd use him as a guy who is more of an H-Back type, but with some carries too.  He can block, he can play football, he'll be useful on special teams.

Demski hasn't shown much this year in Regina and Ripper is correct in pointing out some of his flaws.  However, with the right coaching and proper usage I think he can fulfill his potential.  I hope that is with the Bombers.

1 hour ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Demski hasn't shown much this year in Regina and Ripper is correct in pointing out some of his flaws.  However, with the right coaching and proper usage I think he can fulfill his potential.  I hope that is with the Bombers.

The Riders are a dumpster fire. Does any player aside from Roosevelt look good over there? 

11 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Just wait until February.  Demski has no role in Regina.  They are literally pushing him off that team right into Walters lap.

Bombers should launch the "The Homecoming" on Feb'17 for MB guys in the CFL :D

I believe Demski, Coombs and Evans are all FAs... not sure about Miles and LaFrance ;)

11 minutes ago, Mike said:

Evans?

If he's talking about Zack Evans he is from God's country.  And I would love to see players have to play in their home province, we have plenty of good ones coming out of Sask. Damm Quebec with all those good lineman however would be tough to deal with.

9 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

The thing about the coaching argument, I'm just not buying it. Maybe a bit on KR and PR, but not at receiving. Nic sometimes isn't sticking his nose in there to take a big hit to catch the ball. The dancing around is indecision IMO, the game is moving too fast for him. Not sure coaching straightens that out or not. As I have said before, the kid shows potential and I hope he gets things on track 

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

If he's talking about Zack Evans he is from God's country.  And I would love to see players have to play in their home province, we have plenty of good ones coming out of Sask. Damm Quebec with all those good lineman however would be tough to deal with.

Glencoe, Minnesota? I thought he was a NI.

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

The thing about the coaching argument, I'm just not buying it. Maybe a bit on KR and PR, but not at receiving. Nic sometimes isn't sticking his nose in there to take a big hit to catch the ball. The dancing around is indecision IMO, the game is moving too fast for him. Not sure coaching straightens that out or not. As I have said before, the kid shows potential and I hope he gets things on track 

Coaching won't straighten that out, but time will.

14 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

People are questioning bringing in a 23 year old NI with potential? 

I don't think people are questioning signing him (if that's a possibility)... it's a matter of do we want to pay big NI money for him?... the answer is probably not... I'm not sure what an average NI player makes these days ($100k-ish?) but I think most people would be happy with that...

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

If he's talking about Zack Evans he is from God's country.  

Transcona??

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Coaching won't straighten that out, but time will.

From what I  can remember Demski as a rookie was a decent player last year.  He has regressed and i wonder if Jones has any time to coach a national that's not his choice. Mind you Chambers was his choice. Whatever Demski is doing, it beats Richards.