Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

7 minutes ago, tacklewasher said:

Not good enough. And not what I'm reading there for the most part. He should not be allowed to play in the CFL. And, I suspect, he won't be. Enough of an outrage that I think even Jones backs away from this.

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League has issued a statement regarding the recent signing of Khalif Mitchell by the Saskatchewan Roughriders.

On Thursday, Commissioner Jeffrey L. Orridge stated the following:

There is absolutely no place in our league for commentary used to divide or disparage people on the basis of their religion, race, gender or sexual orientation. Such commentary not only may bring the CFL into disrepute; it can promote hate today and dishonour all those who have been subjected to hate over the course of history.

Our social media policy expressly prohibits a current player, team or league employee from using social media, including the retweeting or reposting of someone else’s comments, to condone discrimination, harassment or violence. This is why in May, 2015, this league fined Khalif Mitchell, then in the employ of a CFL club, for violating our policy. It is also why, at that time, our office helped broker a meeting for him with a representative of B’Nai Brith Canada, to facilitate his education on human rights matters.

Since Mitchell has now returned to our league, with another club, his new employer has reached out to the league office to assure us they too take this matter very seriously and any such inappropriate behaviour from Mitchell will result in his immediate dismissal. We too will monitor any commentary he may make as a member of our League. We fully acknowledge that our employees, including our players, have a right to hold and express opinions. But in absolutely no circumstance do we condone activity or comments that are derogatory or inappropriate. Such comments, which put the League’s reputation as a progressive and positive member of the community in question, will not be tolerated.

5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Doesn't sound like the big bad commissioner is planning on doing anything about it. Probably has his henchmen working new ways to fine the Riders over this

I actually agree with you on this. Rather they told Riders it can't happen, but I do see fines down the road.

This is, honestly, the stupidest ******* thing I have ever seen. Riders have now gone beyond Mike Kelly crazy.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Nichols' inability to put 7s on the board has gone very under the radar is all I'm saying. For all the opportunities he's had ... it's not a great record of success.

Average # of TD's scored in the last 4 games: 2.25

Average # of FG's scored in the last 4 games: 4

Kind of lopsided when we've scored an average of 33.25 points over the same period.

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

But 1.5 TD per game by the O.

My figure was based on when the offense started the drive, regardless if it was punt/kick return, or whether the defense forced a turnover.

If you're basing the 1.5 on conventional drives started just by kick return, then that's a sore stat.

4 minutes ago, MyDogHasScheifeles said:

The halftime show will feature Chris Jones riding his motorcycle in the ring of death and if the Riders win the game he will wrestle a bear at mid field.

would be better if he wrestled Mitchell...make the circus complete...I'd like to see a nice arm-bar on Corky

To put Mitchell's mindset into clear focus: two weekends ago, he tweeted that ISIS was created and controlled by Zionists. The Riders are going to need to divert front-end loaders from the new stadium site  to clean up after this poop-storm.

Edited by tracker