Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Interesting suggestion brought up on Twitter.....what about Durant to Toronto? Clearly a short term option for any team, and with the Riders season over, they're into testing mode for next season...

Would love to see it but Durant is an achilles pop away from being done. If I were Barker I wouldn't do it.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Well his career win percentage is significantly better than .250 and his win percentage this season is .200 so either way you're wrong

In Blue and Gold his record in games he started and finished was 12 and 29, so his record is not .250, it is .360- not much better, and not enough to inspire confidence. You can say, "yes, but" and cite various factors, but as John Madden said, "You are what your record says you are".

If Jones moves on from Durant then the Mike Kelly-fication of the Riders will be complete. Getting rid of your established starter without a proven guy in the wings, that's a move that will change the Riders from a losing but semi-competitive team into a team that's unwatchably brutal.

(I don't think the Riders are as far away as others may think  ... they've got a QB and some Canadian talent, on paper they're way ahead of where the bombers were in 2014.)

7 hours ago, Mike said:

That's a scary injury. Gotta think they'll be wanting Drew even more now, although I still can't see us trading him for anything short of a massive overpay.

Ol' Reliable Kevin Glenn is probably available if Popp decides to go with Cato & Adams. I could see Glenn in an Argos uniform. I mean, why not?

1 hour ago, tracker said:

In Blue and Gold his record in games he started and finished was 12 and 29, so his record is not .250, it is .360- not much better, and not enough to inspire confidence. You can say, "yes, but" and cite various factors, but as John Madden said, "You are what your record says you are".

Where are you getting your numbers ?  He is 10-15 for a .400 winning percentage.  Still not great but no need to make up fake numbers to prove a point.

11 hours ago, Atomic said:

Where are you getting your numbers ?  He is 10-15 for a .400 winning percentage.  Still not great but no need to make up fake numbers to prove a point.

Winnipeg Free Press article July 26th, 2016 cites Willy's CFL record as 12 and 26. Feel better now?

11 hours ago, tracker said:

If Jones dumps Durant, as stupid as that might be, it will signal to the Rider fans that he has officially descended into dementia.

One of my most level-headed best friends is a Riderfan (we all have flaws we overlook in our friends) and he said, "If Jones dumps Durant, even to not extend him, I'm going to drive to Regina and poop on his lawn myself."

I doubt he'd be the only one.  And there's a whole fanbase who has easy access to manure and manurespreaders.