Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

Per @JDunk12: Esks, Riders talking trade. EDM wants No. 1 pick Josiah St. John AND a first for QB James Franklin. SSK, coherently, declined.

Ed Hervey vs. Chris Jones is going to be a real thing to keep your eye on over the coming weeks and months.

To reach for two first round picks, including No. 1 overall, in return for a back-up QB with a handful of pro starts is... hilarious, really

Considering St. John is pretty close to a wasted draft pick I'd take that deal if I was Jones.  Franklin could save their butts this year if Durant goes down, and Sask. would also be the right place, right time destination for Franklin to take over the starting QB role in a year or two.

6 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Considering St. John is pretty close to a wasted draft pick I'd take that deal if I was Jones.  Franklin could save their butts this year if Durant goes down, and Sask. would also be the right place, right time destination for Franklin to take over the starting QB role in a year or two.

Franklin is also a free agent at the end of the year so that's a high price to pay for someone who could bolt at the end of the year (I'm sure Montreal would be willing to over-spend on him).

Jump it Jones....if he doesn't ..lol ...when Durant goes down they'll have nothing that resembles a qb. in 16'...  I think it's the only deal that'll be acceptable to the banjo pickers and grinners...Steep ..yes, but the only way to go for a team boxed into a corner. Pull the trigger Jonesie...

Just now, bigg jay said:

Franklin is also a free agent at the end of the year so that's a high price to pay for someone who could bolt at the end of the year (I'm sure Montreal would be willing to over-spend on him).

I'd bet what Franklin is looking for through F.A. is a place to start and a move up on the QB salary ladder.  If he finds that possibility in Sask. he could be content to forego F.A..  All of that is out the window if he thinks he has NFL interest though.

32 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Per @JDunk12: Esks, Riders talking trade. EDM wants No. 1 pick Josiah St. John AND a first for QB James Franklin. SSK, coherently, declined.

Ed Hervey vs. Chris Jones is going to be a real thing to keep your eye on over the coming weeks and months.

To reach for two first round picks, including No. 1 overall, in return for a back-up QB with a handful of pro starts is... hilarious, really

Popp is frantically calling Hervey as we speak, but is cautious and confused at why this is such a bargain deal.

7 minutes ago, tracker said:

This would seem to indicate that Edmonton believes Jones and Co. have the brains of eggplants.

Or... it could be a great big F.U. from Edmonton. 

You know- from the week after last year's GC.

And what's up with "SSK, coherently, declined." ? Does Jones have a speech issue? or is that a comment on SSK's collective grasp of conversational communication?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy
for funny

11 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Or... it could be a great big F.U. from Edmonton. 

You know- from the week after last year's GC.

And what's up with "SSK, coherently, declined." ? Does Jones have a speech issue? or is that a comment on SSK's collective grasp of conversational communication?

Most replies from Jonsie are 'incoherent'...orrr he doesn't reply at all and refuses to shake your hand...Guys a real 'pip'...( what I'd like to say starts with p' also but has a couple more letters and could be described as being a little more 'prickly')

If Willy has another shaky season the Bombers should be aggressive in their pursuit of Franklin.  I was very impressed with his showing last year.  Looked much better and was more productive than Nicholls and may be the primary reason Edmonton got  rid of him.  Franklin has greater upside.  Of course, that's assuming the Riders don't trade for him during the season.

Edited by blueandgoldguy

15 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

If Willy has another shaky season the Bombers should be aggressive in their pursuit of Franklin.  I was very impressed with his showing last year.  Looked much better and was more productive than Nicholls and may be the primary reason Edmonton got  rid of him.  Franklin has greater upside.  Of course, that's assuming the Riders don't trade for him during the season.

trade them nichols for franklin straight up!!!

15 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

How about our scouting? Danny Mac and company are busy I assume. And our QB coach has some coaching to do. There's no way we give up on Willy yet.