Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

Tin foil hat time.  For argument's sake, let's say that Jones is a total douchebag who doesn't care what he has to do to win.  Except that he's not winning, but at the same time, he needs wins now and preferably, also win a series against someone.  So why not bring in someone expendable that will gladly go qb headhunting.  Some crazy dude that can be used and then released.  But, na, Jones is a total professional and would never stoop that low.  Forget I said anything.

5 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Tin foil hat time.  For argument's sake, let's say that Jones is a total douchebag who doesn't care what he has to do to win.  Except that he's not winning, but at the same time, he needs wins now and preferably, also win a series against someone.  So why not bring in someone expendable that will gladly go qb headhunting.  Some crazy dude that can be used and then released.  But, na, Jones is a total professional and would never stoop that low.  Forget I said anything.

Forget what?

11 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Stamps pick up Paris Cotton.    Good to see him get another opportunity, excellent scat back.

http://www.stampeders.com/2016/09/01/cotton-added-to-practice-roster/

A material pickup which might change the fabric of the team. If Cotton still has the bolls to play, he should be able to weave his way through the opposition.

Edited by tracker

1 hour ago, tracker said:

A material pickup which might change the fabric of the team. If Cotton still has the bolls to play. He should be able to weave his way through the opposition.

Facing a tandem of Messam and Cotton could be frightening, especially if the Stamps O-line can still punch the holes that Cornish used to gallop through.

WPG Blue Bombers ✔ @Wpg_BlueBombers

The team has added national DL Brandon Tennant. >

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming  7m7 minutes ago
#Bombers add 6'2" 305lb National defensive lineman Brandon Tennant., a 2015 7th-round draft pick of the #Riders out of Laval.

Edited by Noeller

53 minutes ago, Noeller said:

WPG Blue Bombers ✔ @Wpg_BlueBombers

The team has added national DL Brandon Tennant. >

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming  7m7 minutes ago
#Bombers add 6'2" 305lb National defensive lineman Brandon Tennant., a 2015 7th-round draft pick of the #Riders out of Laval.

But will he stay? Good tennants are hard to find.

13 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Maybe I should be fitted for the tin foil hat since I see this has non zero probability.  I can't see why you would bring this guy back to the league after being out for a couple of years. Maybe he just wants the BB OL to worry about their elbows more than their schemes.  so weird but scary at the same time. 

9 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Wow they were so high on Jace Davis at one point. Sometimes I wonder if our talent evaluation is any good at all. 

Sometimes guys get comfortable and stop producing (Davis), and the guys behind them keep working hard and getting better (Mayo, Sheppard).  Not sure that's an indictment of the talent evaluation.

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

wow...and an outright release of Castillo......man. Hopefully Medlock stays healthy the rest of the way!

The way kicking had been going for other teams earlier in the season I thought for sure we'd be able to get something for him... maybe we waited too long or asked too much?

Edited by bigg jay

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Sometimes guys get comfortable and stop producing (Davis), and the guys behind them keep working hard and getting better (Mayo, Sheppard).  Not sure that's an indictment of the talent evaluation.

Davis sure didn't seem to be the type of guy to take plays off. Maybe it was the other way around. The coaches liked his work ethic and intelligence but he may not have been the most skilled guy. Anyway. Still a curious release