Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

5 hours ago, Ripper said:

Collins and Holley looked not bad last week helping Durant pass for 400 yards against you guys I thought.

I love players with enthusiasm and confidence. However, those two (and a few of our guys for that matter ) need to take a lesson from Dressler in what to do after making a standard professional football league catch.

Give the ball back to the referee and return to the huddle.

If you score, different matter.

17 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think as a receiver he tops out as a Anthony Parker type.  Useful but just a touch above average.

Now, I know you've had it out for Parker since before he was drafted, but I think it's time to give him some credit.  He is a top 5 Canadian receiver now and he might breach 1000 yards this season.  Not sure "a touch above average" is really a fair description.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hearing Toronto QB Ricky Ray's out rest of the season with a punctured lung.

Yikes...gotta wonder if the end is nigh for ol' Frito....

That's terrible news for him and for Toronto's chances of making the playoffs.

They'll have to give up something big if the want Willy now. 

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

That's terrible news for him and for Toronto's chances of making the playoffs.

They'll have to give up something big if the want Willy now. 

What about Lulay? Overall, isn't there more proven ability with Jennings versus Nichols to consider giving up your number 2 guy.

The way Buono seems to find QB's, I would think he would be better off than us if both starters went down and didn't have Lulay or Willy to go to. 

But maybe Lulay is damaged goods, I don't know. 

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

What about Lulay? Overall, isn't there more proven ability with Jennings versus Nichols to consider giving up your number 2 guy.

The way Buono seems to find QB's, I would think he would be better off than us if both starters went down and didn't have Lulay or Willy to go to. 

But maybe Lulay is damaged goods, I don't know. 

Sure, Lulay's an option too, and they'll have to give something big if they want him.

Just now, sweep the leg said:

speaking to a #cfl GM, sounds like #bombers stance on trading Drew Willy has become flexible, they are more open to offers. Price is steep

If Toronto wants him, I want a Canadian offensive piece, a draft pick and a QB off their neg list. Easily.

Just now, Goalie said:

Why. Toronto is desperate and Willy is a youngish QB with potential still 

You think Barker is a fool? desperate? Who says Willy plays better than the backups they have there now? Drew will be 30 in a few months and is owed even more money next year. The Argos have to take on his huge contract and hope they can get him turned around also. Not saying maybe they don't trade for him but IMHO they would be foolish to give up a lot to get him.  I'd say a Canadian player and a draft pick, not a first round one either.

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

You're right. I don't want to trade Drew Willy all that badly.

That's fine Mike. If I were you I wouldn't trade him at all. I wouldn't bet the farm that Nichols doesn't fall apart before the year is over and Willy will be playing. The smart move for you guys is not making one at all.

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

That's fine Mike. If I were you I wouldn't trade him at all. I wouldn't bet the farm that Nichols doesn't fall apart before the year is over and Willy will be playing. The smart move for you guys is not making one at all.

I swear you're just being difficult.

You don't think Toronto should want Willy because who's to say he'll outplay Toronto's backups but we should keep him because he's a valuable player to have?

Make up your mind.