2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

10 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Kongbo will be just another player strung along by teams offering the moon and then cutting them loose before the bill is due. 

That's something you rarely see from this club - I hope players/agents recognize this when negotiating with Walters.  Yeah, another team can sign you to a bigger deal but will you actually collect that money?

AND will Kongbo, in this case actually end up on a true Cup contender or just another pretender...He should have a conversation with Kenny bout' that

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Damn right they were. I don’t think any other cfl expansion team was given such a  windfall. I don’t follow the nhl but it seems they did the same with Vegas. Other wise I don’t think any other na league has done that.  

yeah they were literally handed early success on a platter....now they have to actually work for it...and its a tough nut to crack

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Seems I'm the butt of the jokes here by a couple of real losers.... ERRRRRR...... posters because of my age but so be it, I guess. What else is new, anyway???

I've read the posts here & the howls of laughter aimed at me. Made by the same people who always seem to claim that racism, bigotry & discrimination are evil & must be stamped out once & for all.  However, when it comes to ageism well, that's okay. It's always Open Season on me for that. So then, the word that jumps out at me for some of you (not all) is hypocrite.

Yes, they say, Let's minimize someone's comments (like mine) when we disagree with them by saying their opinion is unimportant because we think they're too old & should get lost. Their opinions don't count as much as others because of their advanced age. Meanwhile, they'll jump on the next thread defending the rights of free speech passionately. Is it because they actually feel that way or perhaps just want to fit in here & not stick out themselves?? Just be part of the crowd. I wonder sometimes. 

Some of us have been members together for a couple of decades. Here & at the old Our Bomber site. If we have then we've known each other for 20 years. Unless you were 16 when you started then some of you are pushing 45-50 years of age or older now. You're already looked upon as old & unimportant from a twenty something's perspective. You just haven't experienced it yet but it's coming. 

You cling to your last vestages of youth while your belly starts expanding, you have more than one chin, your belt around your waist needs loosening, your pants ride higher & the grey hair is springing more visibly everyday. Not only on what's left of your receding hairline but on your face as well. Some of you who thought you were James Bond in the bedroom just a few short years ago now need a little blue pill to perform & "be a man" when it comes to satisfying your lover, wife or girlfriend.  

So, if you've been around here as long as I have or longer then you're no spring chicken either. From the posts I used to read on the political threads that were thankfully discontinued it's pretty clear that some of you laughing at me learned to yell at clouds at an early age.

I just know that time stops for no one. As some of you will find out sooner than you think. The harsh reality is some of you "youngsters" won't make it to my age as cancers. other sicknesses, afflictions & accidents might pick you off prematurely. We don't know when our number will be called & our time is up.

Getting old is really a privelidge. It's not a right as some of us could die tomorrow. From a deathbed perspective, the 38 year old about to die would probably wish he or she could live to be 68. 

Just know that mocking me about my age isn't going to change my mind about how I see things when it comes to the Blue Bombers, Jets, the world of sports or just the world in general. I won't be run off by a few intellectual pipsqueaks that we have here who seem to have it in for me. One thing is certain. You'll always know my opinion & where I stand. There'll be no beige for me. 

I've always had a strong opinion. I can be stubborn. I've taken as good as I've got over the years. Sometimes it was deserved & sometimes not. The truth is you'll always know where I stand on any subject that I comment on.

I'm not the same person I was 20 years ago. I think I've mellowed & actually will try to discuss any subject with anyone now without being insulting unless I'm insulted first. Twenty years ago, I was more impatient & willing to argue my point aggressively & I wasn't very nice at times. I have my regrets for being a prick at times back then. I feel I'm no longer like that. I try to show respect & listen to the other POV. 

Now, for all you hypocrites out there & you know who you are... 

Have a nice day!!!!!

The greatest fools are the ones 

that hold fast to facts when truth is gone.

Still the need to be right 

consumes the workings of sound minds.

No longer do the crowds align

those masses forced to harmonize.

The end result is fractured thought

when sanity is subtly bought.

By dogma's bent in bubbles realm

the saddest jokers are at the helm.

With agendas forlorn from hope

when madness is more than a trope.

Instead, reality bends it's knee

with the idiots flocking to the decrees.

Truth is absent at the end

when verity is then condemned. 

Though I dont have the age and the knowledge of Bomber history as you do, and don't always agree with your takes, I still accept them and respect them without the bashing... and think about them in a different perceptive....I get the same critique as you here, by some...probably worse.... is what it is and much like aresholes, we all have an opinion...I wasn't gonna post much anymore...still am keeping a lot internally or shard with a few select posters, but will not change my way of how I post for anyone, so if it ruffles some posters feathers, u can always block me....

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

Hey man, if you look up, everyone is taking shots at each other, laughing about, and then taking a shot at themselves too.

I'll argue with you about football all day long, but don't take any of the other stuff personally. 

And I did happen to be 16 back then and am still in my 30's. So there.

I don't act my age....lol

32 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Kongbo will be just another player strung along by teams offering the moon and then cutting them loose before the bill is due. 

That's something you rarely see from this club - I hope players/agents recognize this when negotiating with Walters.  Yeah, another team can sign you to a bigger deal but will you actually collect that money?

I can see Kongbo back in the fold on a fair deal...See ya later Tony Bennett/Thomas to make room....he's tried to replicate success and having fun elsewhere...and it hasnt panned out...he knows where the bread is buttered, and has other condiments to go with it

20 minutes ago, Stickem said:

AND will Kongbo, in this case actually end up on a true Cup contender or just another pretender...He should have a conversation with Kenny bout' that

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Given his outburst last year in bc about guys not doing it right could see him thinking long and hard about being back in winnipeg.

I think you can almost guarantee him back here...........

Playing a bit of silly bugger here. 

Imagine a world where a player (Dru Brown) whose neg. rights have been traded (Ottawa), yet after careful consideration, he chooses to resign with Wpg.

Im guessing that the trade agreement doesn’t allow for this or minimally revokes the terms of the original trade. 

3 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Imagine a world where a player (Dru Brown) whose neg. rights have been traded (Ottawa), yet after careful consideration, he chooses to resign with Wpg.

Im guessing that the trade agreement doesn’t allow for this or minimally revokes the terms of the original trade. 

I'm sure he could do it if he wanted, but I imagine it's pretty set in stone that he's signing with Ottawa.

15 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

It’s a risk Ottawa takes but we aren’t gonna sign him back here regardless. He wants a chance to start. That’s not happening here. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

The deal was not to guarantee the player, but to guarantee his negotiating rights prior to free agency. Honestly, if Brown wanted to walk away from any Ottawa offer, I don’t see how it would nullify the trade, as the Bombers met their condition (exclusive negotiating rights for a few weeks). Just like when Darian Durant got his signing bonus here and promptly retired. sucked but he did not need to forfeit the money, just a bad deal made by Winnipeg.

6 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The deal was not to guarantee the player, but to guarantee his negotiating rights prior to free agency. Honestly, if Brown wanted to walk away from any Ottawa offer, I don’t see how it would nullify the trade, as the Bombers met their condition (exclusive negotiating rights for a few weeks). Just like when Darian Durant got his signing bonus here and promptly retired. sucked but he did not need to forfeit the money, just a bad deal made by Winnipeg.

yeah that trade isnt binding in anyway...Just gives exclusive first dibs on negotiating.....He can walk away elsewhere and thats that......but also if he signs a deal, I can see something else going back to us, as a lot of times thats how these situations are negotiated and pan out

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

Hey man, if you look up, everyone is taking shots at each other, laughing about, and then taking a shot at themselves too.

I'll argue with you about football all day long, but don't take any of the other stuff personally. 

And I did happen to be 16 back then and am still in my 30's. So there.

I have nothing against you Jesse. I don't even know why we argue. If you don't agree with my take on something then by all means ask me about it. I like to discuss. Rolling eyes mean nothing because I don't know the point you're making.. Let's call a truce.

4 hours ago, bluto said:

@SpeedFlex27

My dad (who we lost last year) always said "That's the thing about Father Time, he is undefeated."

...and also, those aren't grey hairs in my beard... they're f*****g blond, ok??

Okay! ;)

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have nothing against you Jesse. I don't even know why we argue. If you don't agree with my take on something then by all means ask me about it. I like to discuss. Rolling eyes mean nothing because I don't know the point you're making.. Let's call a truce.

Okay! ;)

I love the eye rolling emoji. Definitely not going to stop using it.

😂

On 2024-01-22 at 1:35 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Seems I'm the butt of the jokes here by a couple of real losers.... ERRRRRR...... posters because of my age but so be it, I guess. What else is new, anyway???

I've read the posts here & the howls of laughter aimed at me. Made by the same people who always seem to claim that racism, bigotry & discrimination are evil & must be stamped out once & for all.  However, when it comes to ageism well, that's okay. It's always Open Season on me for that. So then, the word that jumps out at me for some of you (not all) is hypocrite.

Yes, they say, Let's minimize someone's comments (like mine) when we disagree with them by saying their opinion is unimportant because we think they're too old & should get lost. Their opinions don't count as much as others because of their advanced age. Meanwhile, they'll jump on the next thread defending the rights of free speech passionately. Is it because they actually feel that way or perhaps just want to fit in here & not stick out themselves?? Just be part of the crowd. I wonder sometimes. 

Some of us have been members together for a couple of decades. Here & at the old Our Bomber site. If we have then we've known each other for 20 years. Unless you were 16 when you started then some of you are pushing 45-50 years of age or older now. You're already looked upon as old & unimportant from a twenty something's perspective. You just haven't experienced it yet but it's coming. 

You cling to your last vestages of youth while your belly starts expanding, you have more than one chin, your belt around your waist needs loosening, your pants ride higher & the grey hair is springing more visibly everyday. Not only on what's left of your receding hairline but on your face as well. Some of you who thought you were James Bond in the bedroom just a few short years ago now need a little blue pill to perform & "be a man" when it comes to satisfying your lover, wife or girlfriend.  

So, if you've been around here as long as I have or longer then you're no spring chicken either. From the posts I used to read on the political threads that were thankfully discontinued it's pretty clear that some of you laughing at me learned to yell at clouds at an early age.

I just know that time stops for no one. As some of you will find out sooner than you think. The harsh reality is some of you "youngsters" won't make it to my age as cancers. other sicknesses, afflictions & accidents might pick you off prematurely. We don't know when our number will be called & our time is up.

Getting old is really a privelidge. It's not a right as some of us could die tomorrow. From a deathbed perspective, the 38 year old about to die would probably wish he or she could live to be 68. 

Just know that mocking me about my age isn't going to change my mind about how I see things when it comes to the Blue Bombers, Jets, the world of sports or just the world in general. I won't be run off by a few intellectual pipsqueaks that we have here who seem to have it in for me. One thing is certain. You'll always know my opinion & where I stand. There'll be no beige for me. 

I've always had a strong opinion. I can be stubborn. I've taken as good as I've got over the years. Sometimes it was deserved & sometimes not. The truth is you'll always know where I stand on any subject that I comment on.

I'm not the same person I was 20 years ago. I think I've mellowed & actually will try to discuss any subject with anyone now without being insulting unless I'm insulted first. Twenty years ago, I was more impatient & willing to argue my point aggressively & I wasn't very nice at times. I have my regrets for being a prick at times back then. I feel I'm no longer like that. I try to show respect & listen to the other POV. 

Now, for all you hypocrites out there & you know who you are... 

Have a nice day!!!!!

The greatest fools are the ones 

that hold fast to facts when truth is gone.

Still the need to be right 

consumes the workings of sound minds.

No longer do the crowds align

those masses forced to harmonize.

The end result is fractured thought

when sanity is subtly bought.

By dogma's bent in bubbles realm

the saddest jokers are at the helm.

With agendas forlorn from hope

when madness is more than a trope.

Instead, reality bends it's knee

with the idiots flocking to the decrees.

Truth is absent at the end

when verity is then condemned. 

You probably missed a whole episode of Matlock typing that all up, you old fart

(just kidding)

On 1/22/2024 at 10:18 AM, bigg jay said:

Great point, how often do we cut guys before bonuses are due? Almost never. Loyalty is a two way street and its reasons like that why guys are willing to take a little less to build the best team possible. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Read it again. Huff is special advisor to the GM

After being only the president last season... and calgary failed largely because of their roster.... so yeah I'm calling this firing Dickenson as gm without actually doing it and freeing up hufnagel to hold his hand through it all. 

21 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

After being only the president last season... and calgary failed largely because of their roster.... so yeah I'm calling this firing Dickenson as gm without actually doing it and freeing up hufnagel to hold his hand through it all. 

Sherry Hufnagel ends up as actual undisputed de facto GM. :)