Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

Well, 2;45 am on Sunday & no one has started the Grey Cup Game Day Thread so it might as well be me. Let's Go Bombers. Lucky #13.

Feeling a tad nervous about later today but I think we'll come through. I don't want to even make Cody Fajardo jokes as we all know this is a winner takes all one game championship so anything (good or bad) can happen. We all saw what happened last week & what occurred in 2001 so we'll have to play our best. If we play our game, we'll win. Not be overconfident or cocky. We're the better team so just take care of business & then we'll be Grey Cup champions. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

In 2019 I watched the game in a nervous and quieter optimism. Got loud when good things happened (obviously) and then in the second half I didn't celebrate until there was almost no time on the clock. Actually, I think I was just in disbelief, like it wasn't real.

I can see this year going much the same way.

59 minutes ago, BBlink said:

In 2019 I watched the game in a nervous and quieter optimism. Got loud when good things happened (obviously) and then in the second half I didn't celebrate until there was almost no time on the clock. Actually, I think I was just in disbelief, like it wasn't real.

This is EXACTLY how I watched it in 2019... 

9 minutes ago, bustamente said:

We will defer go against the wind and kick off, it's the Bomber way

Yeah, last week the Lions won the toss and they elected to receive to start the game.

Bombers decided to kick off for the second half so they would have the ball in the 4th. OShea said the wind made a 10 yard difference for kicks.

3 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Exactly. We have a wealth of skill players. If the big boys play their game, #forthew

No “ifs”. I am supremely confident in the Blue and Gold today. 

16 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Yeah, last week the Lions won the toss and they elected to receive to start the game.

Bombers decided to kick off for the second half so they would have the ball in the 4th. OShea said the wind made a 10 yard difference for kicks.

Did we even return a kickoff last week?  Not according to the CFL game tracker.