Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I think this game will prove that Hall and Pierce are the best coordinators in the league. Montreal will not be ready for what Winnipeg will throw at them. 

I just hope that they dont do anything unnecessary/ risky like Prukop' int last year.

Thanks for that memory. 

8 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I think this game will prove that Hall and Pierce are the best coordinators in the league. Montreal will not be ready for what Winnipeg will throw at them. 

I just hope that they dont do anything unnecessary/ risky like Prukop' int last year.

No throws and no taking Zach out in random bad situations 

14 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Love me a good stout. Calgary has started to bring in lots of Canadian brews from all over, I’ll have to take a look.

Hard to find much from manitoba in calgary. Tons of Alberta brews and BC. As far as stouts go unfortunately not a lot of places actually make stouts in this city. Railyard maybe the best bet.

3 hours ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Born in 87. I grew up thinking I’d missed them being good.
I always half believed my Dad when he joked he’d sold his soul for the 84 Grey Cup. 

Johnny, as you know, your Great Uncle (my old neighbour growing up in Riverview) had a huge role in me becoming a Bomber & CFL fan. All his wonderful stories about the Bombers & CFL in the 1930's into the 60's were marvellous & had me spellbound. We used to talk whenever we saw one another in & around 1967-72 when I was a teen. He'd stop whatever he was doing to discuss football with me whenever we saw each other.

He loved to talk about Fritzie Hansen & Russ Rebholz. He used to talk about characters like Head Coach Allie Sherman & Jack Jacobs. And a score of other players right thru the Bud Grant era. I don't think that I'd be the fan I am today without him. I'll be having a toast to the memory of "Mr. McGibney" today. Thing is, I never knew his first name. We were all taught to call adults "Mr", "Mrs" or "Miss", so I never asked. What was his first name? 

Little over 3 hours.... I am extremely antsy. Have had my beer.... TSN pre game is on but feels like mostly Als talk so far. I am ready to get this game underway.... Cripes. 

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

Today's the day

Time for a 3838 (that's two 1919's in one really big glass)

#FortHew

Holy **** I love that... 

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Today's the day

Time for a 3838 (that's two 1919's in one really big glass)

#FortHew

When in Cologne they mocked the folks in Munich for drinking beig steins off beer,  it gets warm and flat before you finish etc etc. They then went on to extol the virtues or drinking from a 20 cL glass. They keep bringing them until you put your coaster on top and it's always fresh and cold. 

I don't know what my point is other than I like beer and there's no wrong way to drink it.

Just now, 17to85 said:

When in Cologne they mocked the folks in Munich for drinking beig steins off beer,  it gets warm and flat before you finish etc etc. They then went on to extol the virtues or drinking from a 20 cL glass. They keep bringing them until you put your coaster on top and it's always fresh and cold. 

I don't know what my point is other than I like beer and there's no wrong way to drink it.

No argument here!

Those Cologne folks are on to something. I visited the Kolsch brewery there years ago and had a similar experience. Something about stone-cellar cooled casks of beer served in those skinny little glasses that tastes extra good.

Just now, GCJenks said:

Maybe throw in an extra spacer? Have to have something left to spray around as part of the victory celebration. 

I bought two cases instead of the usual one, just to be sure

8 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The Czech Republic is a beer lover's dream. Once you've downed about two-thirds of your drink, a new Pilsner arrives without you even having to ask. This cycle continues until you finally ask for the bill. My wife wasn't too keen on this custom though, we spent more time in pubs than exploring the sights some days 🤣

1 hour ago, Rich said:

We had shirts made the first year we opened the site.  I think maybe there was a half dozen that we sold. 

They are definitely a limited edition now.  Don’t think I even have any anymore. 

If you guys get back in the shirt business count me in for one