Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

7 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

It's more nowadays we expect it or at the very least know for the most part we are never out of it of a game than in previous lean years where losing by just a little was a win.

Much better feeling.

The one I’m still not used to is being the great team that the good ones just can’t get by. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

I have a lot of nervous energy right now. 

My son is in a batting cage right now and I'm so jealous watching him. I wish I could crush some balls and release the tension. 

All the non sport fans in Bomber households are prepping their safe houses and/or getting their one liners ready, like the classic, 'you know they can't hear you, right?'

31 minutes ago, JCon said:

When did everyone win THEIR Grey Cup this year:

Week 3 - BC Lions win their Grey Cup defeating the mighty Bombers in Winnipeg. Pretty much when they peaked. 

Week 6 - Ottawa RedBlacks win their Grey Cup, defeating the mighty Bombers at home. Don't call it a Crum-back. 

Week 9 - Calgary Stampeders win their Grey Cup defeating the defending Grey Cup champions, Toronto Argonauts. 

Week 12 - Edmonton Elks win their Grey Cup defeating the Ottawa RedBlacks at home for their first home victory of the season and their first home game in 22 tries. 

Week 14 - Saskatchewan Roughriders win their Grey Cup defeating their arch-rivals, the mighty Blue Bombers at home in the Labour Day Classic. 

Week 15 - Toronto Argonauts win their Grey Cup defeating the Montreal Allouettes, thus securing the East Division. So many victory laps, but nothing else to show for it. 

Week 15 - Hamilton Ticats win their Grey Cup defeating the mighty Bombers in Hamilton. Not many top quality wins to choose from but this one they earned. 

East Final - Montreal Allouettes win their Grey Cup shocking the Toronto Argonauts on the road. An upset that  no one is upset about. 

Grey Cup - Today... today is our Grey Cup.!The Winnipeg Blue Bombers attempt to win their Grey Cup, their 3rd in 4 years. 

Fantastic post. Just will need to modify the last point later this evening.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

it's time!

It's CF 'FU doubter and hater Montreal fans' against ZC 'We love the Province of Manitoba and all the BB fans you are the reason we are here'.

Time to take back what's ours. No mercy, no prisoners, celebrate after.

57d7b34f-42e6-42f1-80ad-3fcc818007b9.jpg

66c5ae78-e3b9-4b45-8667-fd85d7f5a3b8.jpg

Not sure how well these will show up.... but my Morning Big Blue shirt, Coach Buck jersey, and socks all ready to go for today.... we have a Bombers themed basement that is primed and ready to go for today. The beer fridge is stocked with virtually all Manitoba beers that somehow made their way from MB to AB last weekend and bottles of Parkland-area home brew and some Gimli-made CR on the bar. Wife found some Old Dutch BBQ chips, in the cardboard box, just to THE Manitoba-ness of it all. 

Let's ******* go, fellas......... let's. *******. GOOOOOOOO!!

*edit* Yeah, those photos suck.... sorry fellas. Gonna work on that...

Edited by Noeller

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

57d7b34f-42e6-42f1-80ad-3fcc818007b9.jpg

66c5ae78-e3b9-4b45-8667-fd85d7f5a3b8.jpg

Not sure how well these will show up.... but my Morning Big Blue shirt, Coach Buck jersey, and socks all ready to go for today.... we have a Bombers themed basement that is primed and ready to go for today. The beer fridge is stocked with virtually all Manitoba beers that somehow made their way from MB to AB last weekend and bottles of Parkland-area home brew and some Gimli-made CR on the bar. Wife found some Old Dutch BBQ chips, in the cardboard box, just to THE Manitoba-ness of it all. 

Let's ******* go, fellas......... let's. *******. GOOOOOOOO!!

*edit* Yeah, those photos suck.... sorry fellas. Gonna work on that...

As I always advise, please pace as we will require coherent posts throughout and at end of the game.

Or don't cuz that's enjoyable as well. 🙂

thinking more about the D -- last game with Schoen out we had to "start" just one Canadian on D and we could freely sub American linebackers in for our Canadian DL.  If Schoen does play today and we have to start two Canadians on D, are we still going to run those three-man fronts, since we'll need a Canadian DL on the field at all times?  I think I saw Lawson line up at NT a few times against BC...

Edited by johnzo

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

If Zach and then offense are on today it's a laugher because Montreal won't be able to keep up with a rolling Bombers offense.

A fact non Bomber fans can't get around.

15 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Pretty sure the O is going to keep it pretty conservative today.

They know Montreal's only chance is to create turnovers and score on defence and ST.

Gawd I hope not. Play to win, win hard and often.

6 minutes ago, johnzo said:

thinking more about the D -- last game with Schoen out we had to "start" just one Canadian on D and we could freely sub American linebackers in for our Canadian DL.  If Schoen does play today and we have to start two Canadians on D, are we still going to run those three-man fronts, since we'll need a Canadian DL on the field at all times?  I think I saw Lawson line up at NT a few times against BC...

We have started an extra Canadian on D so if Dalton is back, we can keep doing what we are doing.