Grey Cup Game Day Thread. Let's Go!!

SpeedFlex27

6 minutes ago, johnzo said:

thinking more about the D -- last game with Schoen out we had to "start" just one Canadian on D and we could freely sub American linebackers in for our Canadian DL.  If Schoen does play today and we have to start two Canadians on D, are we still going to run those three-man fronts, since we'll need a Canadian DL on the field at all times?  I think I saw Lawson line up at NT a few times against BC...

We started like 9 Canadians last week did we not? Even with schoen should still have plenty to take a DL off. 

3 ol, 1 rb, 2 receivers, 1 lb and 1 dl. So yeah be 8 that I count. No worries with the rotations.

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Ahhh I'm not sure how that would work out for some of us.

Yeah not gonna try that. My kids might help though.

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

We started like 9 Canadians last week did we not? Even with schoen should still have plenty to take a DL off. 

3 ol, 1 rb, 2 receivers, 1 lb and 1 dl. So yeah be 8 that I count. No worries with the rotations.

Yeah not gonna try that. My kids might help though.

Yup we can go 3 ol..BO...Demski...Woli and Kramdi on defence...thats our 7...and can do whatever we want on defence substitution wise

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ahhh I'm not sure how that would work out for some of us.

My wife is 8 months pregnant and we have two kids under 5. I’ll get my own beers and have a couple kids crawling on me for the game haha

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Yup we can go 3 ol..BO...Demski...Woli and Kramdi on defence...thats our 7...and can do whatever we want on defence substitution wise

That has been the biggest plus with Kramdi on D. Lots of flexibility on the rotation on D

5 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

My wife is 8 months pregnant and we have two kids under 5. I’ll get my own beers and have a couple kids crawling on me for the game haha

Congrats. I assume you have a Bomber onesie ready to go when the third one arrives on the scene? 

And you'll be fetching things for your wife.

From experience when I went thru the stage you're at, the game will be secondary.

May gawd have mercy on your soul. Kidding, all good, enjoy these times.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

We have to start eight Canadians, not 7 -- the rule was changed this year.

(one of those Canadians can be a nationalized American, but we don't really do that here)

Edited by johnzo

I’d love to see one of those games where Zach and the offence march down field and score a major on every drive till pulling the starters and chilling heels. 
 time to rebrand hortons field as IGF East. 
Keys to the game, defense play fajardo like vaj last week and like we always play fajardo especially in the play offs, score touch downs mtl can’t survive a slug fest with out offence, and feed the beast run Brady run. 

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Congrats. I assume you have a Bomber onesie ready to go when the third one arrives on the scene? 

And you'll be fetching things for your wife.

From experience when I went thru the stage you're at, the game will be secondary.

May gawd have mercy on your soul. Kidding, all good, enjoy these times.

Thanks! Since we had kids the Bombers have been great. I’m used to watching with them all over me. Seems to be the more they distract me the better the Blue do. Little good luck charms!

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

57d7b34f-42e6-42f1-80ad-3fcc818007b9.jpg

66c5ae78-e3b9-4b45-8667-fd85d7f5a3b8.jpg

Not sure how well these will show up.... but my Morning Big Blue shirt, Coach Buck jersey, and socks all ready to go for today.... we have a Bombers themed basement that is primed and ready to go for today. The beer fridge is stocked with virtually all Manitoba beers that somehow made their way from MB to AB last weekend and bottles of Parkland-area home brew and some Gimli-made CR on the bar. Wife found some Old Dutch BBQ chips, in the cardboard box, just to THE Manitoba-ness of it all. 

Let's ******* go, fellas......... let's. *******. GOOOOOOOO!!

*edit* Yeah, those photos suck.... sorry fellas. Gonna work on that...

I wasn't aware the site had shirts.. I'd buy one just to support the community 

14 minutes ago, CodyT said:

We had shirts made the first year we opened the site.  I think maybe there was a half dozen that we sold. 

They are definitely a limited edition now.  Don’t think I even have any anymore. 

26 minutes ago, CodyT said:

That's why I bought it. Only wear it on game days under my jersey of choice. It's unfortunately starting to get ragged now but I'm gonna hang on until it's tatters.

52 minutes ago, BaconNBigBlue said:

To hell with it. It’s after 12:00 in Hamilton time to bust out the Appleton Estates rum and coke. Time to get this day started right. 

Fired up my first Game Day Winnipeg beer... Stone Angel Mount Joy Irish Stout. I'll move to whiskey a bit later, but Winnipeg beer to fire up the game day, always... And a "**** The ______" (whoever the opponent is) toast. Doing our part to bring the good juju so far....

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Fired up my first Game Day Winnipeg beer... Stone Angel Mount Joy Irish Stout. I'll move to whiskey a bit later, but Winnipeg beer to fire up the game day, always... And a "**** The ______" (whoever the opponent is) toast. Doing our part to bring the good juju so far....

Love me a good stout. Calgary has started to bring in lots of Canadian brews from all over, I’ll have to take a look.

It’ll be spiced rum and ginger for myself. With a variety of appetizers.

Just now, Mark H. said:

People really like spiced rum - but I can't acquire the taste. CM is definitely not for me. Are there any you would recommend? 

Absolutely. One of my favourites is called Shipwreck which has a vanilla flavour to it. There’s also Bumbu which is kind of a banana flavour, but I can drink it straight on the rocks, which I can’t with CM!

2 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I think this game will prove that Hall and Pierce are the best coordinators in the league. Montreal will not be ready for what Winnipeg will throw at them. 

I just hope that they dont do anything unnecessary/ risky like Prukop' int last year.

Hopefully they were holding their cards close last week, because I don't think Buck did a very good job. Hall was fire though.