Blue Bombers vs. Gappers Week 2 GDT

Geebrr

2 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

DT wondering why Dickenson kicked a FG...

Easy, he knew Riders were gonna lose... He was already playing for point differential lol

Lol...I hadn't considered that part of it. Just a head-scratching decision that I knew was coming if the Bombers got them to 3rd down.

1- Can TSN stop talking about Bomber running backs and comparing them to Andrew Harris.     For pete's sake near the end of the game Smith called him Andrew Oliveira.

2 - Also Suitor is now in love with the Riders Safety and makes it seem like that guy would of made a difference?

3 - Refs were definitely in on a fix ,  that was shameful. 

4 - Houston is this years Winston Rose... time to find a replacement for him.  

5 - Dickenson is a f'ing moron,  why in the hell did he have Harris out with 2 minutes left in the game?  He ends up getting sacked and imagine if Harris was reinjured on that play.  I'd think the poop truck would of paid his house a visit. 

6 - Harris was exactly how he has always been... can make great short passes and the occasional deep shot.  When the pressure is on or when he is down he collapses. He had a wide open Weineke for a possible TD and he over shoots him.    Also Bomber dbs wtf they had 3 EASY interceptions that they dropped.  

7 - Imagine this offense with Lawler... the opposition can't double team Schoen, Lawler, Demski at the same time.    

8 - I miss Odds and Sods :(

7 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I'm more concerned with his pass pro, and then his lack of consistency in gaining yards. Idc if he bounced off tackle a lot, but giving the ole block on chip and release puts Collaros at risk, and he isn't going to get 20 touches per game. We need steady yards from the run game. Not a big run then a bunch of 2nd and longs. 

We need to air lift rbs in quick fast and in a hurry. Maybe NI, imp if nothing else. We've got none that have taken a rep this year other than Auggy and brady.  Time to cut some global PR bodies. 

Agreed. Augustine's forte is open field running and when he tries to deke or block, it becomes obvious why he is not the starting back.

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

If BO is out a game...why we.dont bring back Salima and tweek the ratio...or actually Nationalize and American on the roster which makes sense and utilize it...would be a head scratcher...

Right? I think starting Kramdi or Briggs is the only way to viably flip but either would still be solid. 

8 minutes ago, bustamente said:

It's our good fortune but I can't believe that not one NFL team would take a flyer on Schoen

Our gain for sure

But age...2 attempts already...walk on...in drafted...and our food fortune that he excelled in the waggle were all against him...he's ours now till we won't want him

20 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Re 3: Yeah, I’m not one to use the Refs on the take trope but my god. 
That legitimately made me think they could be into point shaving. 

I miss O&S too. 

Yeah... I agree they certainly aren't on the take...but maybe some bias in the ranks? Moreso tho likely just an example of the crappy refs in the league...I know this time and age it's being harder and harder to get good officials...mainly at amateur ranks...but C'mon...that was truly a sad display...with such a weak call on the Bryant hands to face..where he basically just overpowered his guy cause that's what he does...to WJ cleanly beating his guy and having his ripped off..and he gets penalized...how does the CC not step in there? And how does a ref miss that...does he think WJ pulled it off himself to gain some kind of advantage??..like really?

Kudos to WJ for not sqwuaking about it on field and flailing around looking for a penalty but instead just taking care of business

34 minutes ago, Booch said:

Our gain for sure

But age...2 attempts already...walk on...in drafted...and our food fortune that he excelled in the waggle were all against him...he's ours now till we won't want him

Yeah... I agree they certainly aren't on the take...but maybe some bias in the ranks? Moreso tho likely just an example of the crappy refs in the league...I know this time and age it's being harder and harder to get good officials...mainly at amateur ranks...but C'mon...that was truly a sad display...with such a weak call on the Bryant hands to face..where he basically just overpowered his guy cause that's what he does...to WJ cleanly beating his guy and having his ripped off..and he gets penalized...how does the CC not step in there? And how does a ref miss that...does he think WJ pulled it off himself to gain some kind of advantage??..like really?

Kudos to WJ for not sqwuaking about it on field and flailing around looking for a penalty but instead just taking care of business

Yup, those 2 plays in particular were absolutely terrible.  Hard to believe there wasn’t some bias there.  Glad the guys played through it and got the job done.

Just watched the replay, another quality win in the books. Always good to beat them too of course. Collaros his usual steady self, and as others have mentioned, didn't like the refs distract us from doing what we had to do. Refs are no on the take, just have no clue what they are doing. That's not just in the CFL, same in practically every other sport.

2-0 boys and looking forward to making it 3-0 come Thursday night.

The phantom illegal block on Grant's big return sure stunk....Ineptitude in the reffing ranks is glaring at times.....I'm glad the review showed every block that was made on that return and I don't know what the hell that ref saw but it sure looked bad....almost like he was trying to help out the home town.....Just bull$hit.....I luv what Woli does.....he's the clutch go to guy we need to get things going ....along with Demski....unstoppable....I hope Brady O is okay....he looked like he was in some difficulty on the sidelines....All in all a solid effort and that one ended as it should have and a lot better than the last game we played there

Edited by Stickem

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

Our gain for sure

Great point. The bombers didn’t act out even a little despite the horrid reffing. Many teams would’ve lost it and gotten further penalties.